No announcement yet.

shredding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what I do is whenevre I get the mail and it has financial shit, ya know the checks they send you to get in debt, pre-approved credit card applications, credit card bills etc etc (I try to live in a paperless world) is I shred it right there and then. My wife bought one of those shredders from Office Max or someplace like that...works great
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Yeah, listen to Gary Moore playing "still got the blues"...

I always laugh when i go (seems it always at the Guitar Center!) Young
      Guys doing the sweep arp endless Loop! And when i stop for more than
      10 seconds to listen..i notice they have no "timing". IMO playing chords
      or better some funk, builds that inner ear, and makes all your playing
      better. I pride myself in being able to create a snappy drum like sound
      without a drummer. An almost lost art in the last 15 years imo.
      Speed without some David Gilmore, or Moore, or SRV is almost
      worthless. Thats why i love Greg Howe! Bluesy, Jazz EVH playing.
      Im 52 been playing for 41 years..and im not 1/2 as good as i want to be!

Comment

Are we shedding again?
        Oh yeah.
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

We (Severed Serenity) just played a show with 3 bands who’s members were mostly in their teens...Between them they covered 3 COB songs, some Iced Earth tune, Seasons in the abyss and did it dead on...

I don't know if there is just something in the water here in the Okanagan valley but these kids are fucking great!

The first and youngest band were off with some harmonies but....Fuck...

they were all stroking my ego saying...”Dave you are awesome and we can't wait to watch you play again”...after we were done they were all there praising me again and I just said..."Fuck you guys...I won't even admit how long I have been playing to you guys but I wish I was half as good as you brats when I was your age!" I was embarrassed! At least I feel good knowing I lit a bit of the fire under their asses over the last couple years...Steve teaches guitar and turned so many Korn fans on to COB and Nevermore it definately has something to do with it....lol

Check em out!!! There is a young metal sceen here for damn sure!

http://www.myspace.com/skullhammer

http://www.myspace.com/metalstormtracker

http://www.myspace.com/atreeste
          Last edited by sevser; 01-06-2007, 12:51 PM.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Very Nice Brother Dave!!

Me Likey!!

I wish I wasn't such a Toolasaurus Rex and able post a vid...in my speedos of course.

..for your viewing pleasure..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I build my own patterns adding my own harmonic minors from Dorian and Mixolydian scales. I find a pattern that works well in a variety of keys for impact and start slow. After about 1000 times it is fluid and I can add interesting inversions without studying the fretboard.

Or, I just get really, really drunk, stomp on 4 OD boxes and a delay, make an 'Ooooooh face' and go for it.

Comment

"Speedos" Don't be such a tease!!! Brother John could set you up with some vid...I wanna hear Vin do a drum solo!!!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by sevser View Post
                  "Speedos" Don't be such a tease!!! Brother John could set you up with some vid...I wanna hear Vin do a drum solo!!!
                  I been waiting for John to post my bass solo when I was in my VH trib..ummm..he's had it for some time now..I don't think it's gonna happen..

Tommy just heard Vinny on the phone!!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Speed=Emotion

All the answers you seek to the questions you ask can be found here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...33008253691341

This is like 4 or 5 years old. I've heard some stuff from the bands they're in recently and they grown into some mature players over the past couple of years.

By the way, watch the whole vid, it is FUNNY. Also, they weren't slouches back then with respect to technique... go to 5:30 in the vid and watch if you don't have 20 minutes.
                    Last edited by Robotechnology; 01-09-2007, 09:27 AM.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Shredding is not sweep picking. Period. It's not just fast playing either. Anyone can play fast - the question is; can they do it with class?

Playing fast with class, style and finesse - THAT is shredding. And it requires a lot more skills than just sweeping or playing scales and arps.

You will not learn that in two months, unless you are some super-talented musical genious. It takes years to accomplish - if you ever accomplish it. Just fast playing and nothing else is merely wanking.

Comment

slapping is cooler than shredding
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

All this wanking, shredding and slapping, finesse, mature, grown, if you didn't know it sounds more like foreplay than guitar technq.
                          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Working...
                          X