stubby tortex picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stubby tortex picks

ok ive read all over this board to try the tortex and jazz III picks. im the kinda guy that thought it wouldnt really feel any better with these picks. its good to be wrong!

anybody that hasnt tried these yet should.i got them yesterday and im already picking things clean that i had alot of trouble with.

on another note: thanks to everybody with all of thier help with the other topics ive posted.its really cool to have a place to talk about this stuff.

Re: stubby tortex picks

I have 2 of them and they are pretty good. The problem is that this is the techinque section. I really dont know where to buy them,just wanted to tell my opinion and that this thread is in the wrong place.

Comment

anybody else think this thread is in the wrong place?

Comment

don't know. Don't really care.

Gear, Technique, picks are related to both. The original post is about how a change in gear had an instantaneous effect on the OPs technique. Is it worth a fight? Apparently so, so I'll leave you noobs to go at it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

i dont want to fight. i just want to know where to put it if not here.

Comment

I just got some dunlop 475 big stubbies. They definitely take a little time to get used to ,but
            I think they may be a good thing. I got a variety pack
            1.0mm, 2.0mm and 3.0mm. funny how the 1.0mm feels thin
            but the 2.0 feels really good, the 3.0 feels a little too thick, but I may get used to that thickness as well.
            Yardsailor1 on EBay has tons of this stuff, and he ships really quickly. cost $10.00 shipped,
            worth the tryout, I think I like them [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I've sort of bounced around with picks.

Started at Dunlop 1.14s, then switched to these huge Clayton 1.25s. I'd rip right through those picks and wear them down really fast.

I used the black "Gator" 2.0mm's for about a year straight, its a great pick and I love how there isn't and bending of the pick when you strike the strings.

I switched to the "Big Stubbies" at 2.0mm and I don't really dig them as much so I went right back to the black 2.00mm Gators.

Then I switched to the black Jazz IIIs and I've really began to enjoy using them but they aren't thick enough. If I could get a Jazz III that was either close to as thick as the 2.0 picks, I'd probably buy it in a heartbeat. The 2.0s alone are just too "big" and they seem to encourage sloppy pick technique where the Jazz IIIs seem to really force you to use the proper technique or you will lose your grip

Comment

Working...
              X