MusicDojo.com, anyone use this site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MusicDojo.com, anyone use this site?

Looks kind of interesting. Signup is free, but they charge for enrollment in each course you want to take. Most courses cost 49.95. You get one free course upon signup, either Introduction Guitar or Bass. The introduction guitar course actually includes some pretty intersting material:

Lesson 1: Sweep Picking
    Lesson 2: Notes on the Neck Exercise
    Lesson 3: Syncopation
    Lesson 4: Pentatonic Sounds
    Lesson 5: Chromatic Madness

49.95 seems a bit on the expensive side for each course, instructional DVDs can had for that price and less. However the way the courses are set up with discussion groups and being able to submit material to the course instructor to be critiqued may be of some benefit.

Has anyone used this site or have any thoughts about the benifits of using it?

Re: MusicDojo.com, anyone use this site?

There is a lot of excellent free sites on the net I would try before spending money.

I put a post up a while ago in this forum under this catagory with some good sites.

You may want to go back and look it up. It will be well worth the effort and its all free.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

In my opinion. Don't even think about it! Get yourself a copy of the speed mechanics, learn everything thoroughly and up to tempo. Then think about it. Chromatic madness what a load of BS!

Comment

I know it's kind of silly to pay for anything like this with the amount of stuff available for free on line. Just thought this was kind of an interesting concept with the way things are set up, in particular being able to interact with your instructor and other students. I'll go through the free lessons for the heck of it, doubt I'll purchase any of the courses.

Comment

Yeah thanks for letting us all know about it. I kind of reacted a bit too harshly. The price seemed pretty steep I guess.

Comment

Working...
          X