Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pinch harmonics

i found out a new way to hit pinch harmonics from this guitar guy

instead of using the top part of your thumb and choking up on the pick-you use the fleshy part of your thumb thats like an inch or so from your wrist bone.

its pretty cool in a few ways.

you dont have to choke up on the pick
    you can hit harmonics on down and up strokes
    you seem to get some pretty high ones like almost all the time

one thing i noticed is that i have to move my hand up towards the headstock just a bit to get it to work

has anybody ever tried this?
    let me know what you think of this please

it seams really flippin cool to me

oh one last thing-it doesnt seem to work as well if your action is like really super low

Re: pinch harmonics

I don't get it. To do this, your hand has to be parallel to the strings and there's no way for me to get that angle unless I either point the neck toward toward the ground or I hold the guitar up in my chest. I can sort of do it if I use the flesh part of my hand on the pinky side, but not on the thumb side.

I don't find it particularly hard to do artificial harmonics the "normal" way though. And I don't have to change my grip either.

Whatever works for you though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah that can work and sometimes i might bring a harmonic out of a shaken note that way instead of tapping lightly with my finger on the string in a strong harmonic point on the guitar.i tend to pinch harms with the pick as there so agressive sounding-if i want to tame them i use pick and 2nd finger combo at the samet time.But if this tech works easy for you and sounds great,do it

Comment

Ican only use it for low string harmonics

i really should have mentiond this in the first place

Comment

Working...
        X