Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone once said about guitar playing............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone once said about guitar playing............

that if you have played for years, you have forgotten more than you know. Does that make sense? It does for me.

Re: Someone once said about guitar playing............

it makes sense ... some of stuff is somewher in your mind but if you don't use it when you learn it then you'll forget it for sure

Comment

I hate to admit it - but that sure is true in my case!!! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

lol yeahh thats true,the more you learn the more the other things can be forgotten that took ages to learn(like songs!!)at the moment i am trying to remember how to tune my guitars again [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Someone once said about guitar playing........

That's why I work on developing a style or way of playing rather than focus on certain techniques, riffs or others peoples songs or particulars.

I write everything down and go back and refresh my memory. I developed my own style or sound from doing this.

If I want to sound major I can sound major. If I want to solo in phrygian then I can do that all over the fretboard. I don't worry about forgetting so much as I concentrate on adding on to or developing further what I am doing.
          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

only the good riffs [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              only the good riffs [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the good ones. I will come up with new patterns, different ways of putting the notes together or ways of switching how I use my fingers so I can get unusual runs and combinations.

I write it all down, separate the good stuff out of it all and then print the good ones out.

I have about 100 pages currently of original riffs, ascending and descending runs, arpeggios combinations and alterations etc... Stuff I have not seen anyone else do so far.

I go back and keep reviewing them and one day found I had my own sound or style which I think basically is just my personal favorite ways of moving my fingers around the neck in my favorite patterns and modes.

But I am always trying to come up with new things.

I use mostly the major/minor scale, harmonic minor and diminished.

Anyway, just reviewing and playing the stuff over and over seems to progress my playing into my own style. I will take one day and go over 50 pages of it and the next day and do the next 50 pages. I will take one thing and do it in 3 different keys so I learn it better.

I just keep building it up. I try to memorize them and I do have a lot of them memorized but I think eventually it all blends together into a style and you just play and don't think about it.

I don't worry about where I am putting my fingers when I play or what pattern I am going to use anymore. I just think about how I want it to sound (do I want it to sound like a major 7th or harmonic minor, etc..)and then just play.

Right now I am all over the neck using combinations of speed runs, arpeggio runs and expressive vibrato so I get a pretty good variety of sounds and technique. I get a lot of tone variations from my left hand and the way I pick. But it all comes from the above method I use I think.

It also does not hurt that I have been playing since I was 7.
              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

if your that good with your own sound why not post a few tunes for us to listen too

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  if your that good with your own sound why not post a few tunes for us to listen too

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried several times to post wav files on different "free" websites and have not had any luck.

I put enough time in trying to do it.
                  PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

convert them to MP3 size tunes then,its not rocket science mate.Plenty other guitarists can do it

Comment

Shredmonster, you can send me a couple of clips, I'll host em for ya! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

It may not be rocket science, but if you don't know where to start, Mr Wakely's comment isn't exactly helpful. Besides, if he can write the Fraunhofer (I think) algorythms to do the conversion, I'd be mildly surprised - not rocket science, but science nonetheless. You could try converting .wav files to .mp3 using MusicMatch Jukebox - at http://www.musicmatch.com/ - I think it's a free download, but haven't looked for a while. In the MusicMatch version I've got, you just go to the "File" menu & use "convert" from the drop down menu. Wav files are generally huge - an mp3 is much easier and quicker to upload. If G.O.R will host the clips for you (good on yer, mate!), then that's job done. Good luck.
                        Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

wow who pissed on your parade?

Comment

You did. Haven't you been paying attention? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

I'm guessing that some of you guys haven't spent any money on audio programs that have MP3 conversion? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

You can also convert them to wmv with Windows Media Player. I think WinAmp will also let you save a Wav as an MP3?

Anyhoo, plenty of format converters out there.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The problem is my files are too big for the free mp3 websites.

The ones I have found that are big enough have experienced problems. I email the webmasters and they don't know what the f*** us going on. So I got tired of the s**t.

GodofRhythm: I have one file that is about a 9 minute jam and another that is straight 45 minutes. A small clip of each would be fine and I know the exact time signatures.

My style is much more developed now and I am going to do some more stuff now that I picked up an Akai DSP16.

But the two files I have are good enough to start with. The 9 minute one is from 2000 and the 45 minute one is from 2002.

I would be happy to mail you a CD if you want to PM me your address.
                              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X