How to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to?

I've been listening to a lot of Bodom/Sinergy as of late and while I've heard other guitarists use this same technique for some reason Alexi stands out while doing it (albeit I don't know what it is).

I **think** it's basically bending a note up 1 or 1 1/2 steps then tapping another note (maybe octave higher) and while tapping the other note he moves his left and down to a lower note. Thus creating a fast bend, higher pitch, lower pitch almost simultaneous sound.

Sorry for such a poor explanation but I'm baffeled about how this is done.......and I'd love to be able to try it!!

Re: How to?

could you post a song with it?

Comment

If you have seen the Young Guitar video by Alexi Laiho called Passage to the Reaper he uses the lick youre refering to in the intro solo. And i believe you have the idea behind how it works. Check out the video if you can find it its got some cool soloing in it. Cheers
      www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

On the song "Trashed, Lost, Strungout" at 2:49 into the song (on the solo) is pretty much what I'm talking about. You can view the video at yahoo Launch or Scythes of Bodom (realplayer....ugh).

Comment

it sounds like he bends then taps the note then goes to normal string position?

I suck at guitar though so whateva [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The technique is quite easy and sounds cool too ! Give it a try [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              The technique is quite easy and sounds cool too ! Give it a try [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So is my description the proper way of doing this technique?

Comment

Yes, it is. Just practice the tap to be powerful and precise. It can be just a little hard to tap properaly at first on a strongly bent string, but after a couple of tries you should be getting the hang of it!
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Yes, especially when applying vibrato to the tapped note, it may take a few tries to get the hang of, but it's a great technique to learn.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I've been working on it a little.....cool little thing it is.

Comment

Working...
                    X