No announcement yet.

I bought some Dunlop Jazz III picks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought some Dunlop Jazz III picks....

I've been using Dunlop Big Stubby 2.0mm picks for the last couple of years, but I keep hearing the Jazz III's praised to the moon. So.... I picked up a 6-pack of them yesterday (the black ones). I had tried them briefly before and passed because they're so tiny, but I've decided to give them an honest assesment.

Anybody else use these? If so, what do you think?
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Re: I bought some Dunlop Jazz III picks....

I use em, I can't use anything else anymore... I started with the black ones and moved on to the red ones because they don't wear down as fast, but they are a little harder to keep your grip on em...I love pointed picks and the Tortex Sharps are just too awkward, so these work perfectly, albeit much smaller than the average pick so it takes a bit of getting used to!

Comment

i have some Black ones and red ones-but there too small for me too-Not as good as my normal pick the Big Stubby 3.00mm

Comment

Only pick I use. I like the accuracy and the stiffness.

I have tried others and keep going back to the Jazz III.
        PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Me too. I overall prefer the feel of the black ones, but as already said; they wear down much quicker.

Its much easier for me to pull off pinch harmonics too as my thumb is much closer to the tip of the pick

Comment

The black Jazz IIIs are friggin' indestructible!!! People who know me know that I REALLY dig in with my aggressive pick attack. I'm STILL on my first black Jazz III!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I don't think I'll need the other five in the little plastic packet! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I started with Dunlop Nylons but those wore out REALLY fast as I was rippin' up my one acoustic guitar at the time. By the time I transitioned to electric guitar, I found Dunlop Gator Grips, thinking they'd be perfect because they were stiff and had a reputation for being long-lasting. I wore down many Gators before settling for long-term Dunlop Tortex and Dunlop Jazz III use/abuse for acoustic and electric guitar playing respectively.

For a long time, I wanted to try the Dunlop Ultex. I finally got one a few months ago and I couldn't quite figure out the hype.

So overall, for electric guitar playing, I tend to prefer the tiny size and pointy end of the Jazz III, and secondarily the clear-purple Jazz Stubby. I keep a Jazz Stubby in my wallet at all times that I found on the floor at a gig one day. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I use both red and black jazz IIIs. I'm a bit partial to the black ones lately because they grip better.

I play alot of death metal and I use the pick because theres not tons of extra room so I always keep perfect grip on it and I nail pinch harmonics easier.

There are new jazzIII sized tortex picks with the powder on them, they aint to bad.

Comment

I'm also very interested in trying the Big Stubby Nylon picks, but nobody around me has them yet.
                Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

The only picks that i use, and i love them!

Comment

I stuck wit the stubby 3mm. more solid and smoother than the 2mms. JazzIIIs still bend too much for me

Comment

Black Jazz3s here. I don't mind them being tiny, as I have rather unmanly short and small fingers. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                      I like the ongoing stiffness (Tortex picks tend to get wobbly after a while), the sheer indestructability and the way the pick forces you to play economically. I always have some wear on my picks, but not even remotely as much as would be needed to have a serious impact on my playing. I think some of them are over one year old. Whatever.

Comment

I use red Jazz III's exclusively. At this point any other pick is uncomfortable to me.

Comment

I can't use anything else comfortably anymore no matter what I try. The black Jazz III just seems normal.

Comment

red Jazz III ... the only pick I can use, very precise feeling.

Comment

Can't live without the Jazz III picks.. I use the red and black ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X