No announcement yet.

I bought some Dunlop Jazz III picks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I bought some Dunlop Jazz III picks....

[ QUOTE ]
    There are new jazzIII sized tortex picks with the powder on them, they aint too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

They've made them for awhile (Tortex Black Gold). I haven't used regular Tortex in awhile, as I find them to be a little slippery, but I do love the Gator Grips with the light coating which the Black Golds do feel similar to.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

For a long time, I wanted to try the Dunlop Ultex. I finally got one a few months ago and I couldn't quite figure out the hype.

[/ QUOTE ]
      I couldn't figure out the hype either. They feel a little slippery like the Tortex, IMO. I prefer the Gator Grips or the Gels.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The black ones used to be just like the reds, then they were allegedly dropping them and everyone started gobbling them up, so they re-intorduced them but the black ones were changed to a stiffer material. Thankfully the reds stayed the same. I bought a few packs of both online a few years ago and can't use the black ones because they're too stiff.
        I definitely prefer the reds.

Stubbys are cool but you can't do a pick scrape without chewing the edge off [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I also had a bunch of the purple Tortex Jazz when I couldn't find the Jazz IIIs. Once I got the IIIs, I sent the Tortex Js to Tekky [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I use the green jobs...I think they are the Tortex. I have been using them for 17 years. I wonder if I could use anything else?

Mike
          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I've been using the black ones for the last couple of months. They took a while to get used to but I picked up a regular sized pick the other day and it felt HUGE.

The pointy tips are awesome. One thing I've always had a problem with is compensating for the different feel on each string. The pointy tips on the Jazz IIIs slice through the strings and it feels like I can use a more consistent pressure as I switch strings.

I do wish they were a tiny bit bigger though. When I strum hard, I end up hitting the strings with the nail of my forefinger, rather than the pick, since so little of the pick extends past the tip of my fingers.

Comment

IIRC Dunlop makes a slightly bigger or maybe even full-sized like the Jazz III.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

A trip to www.JimDunlop.com under the Products/Nylon reveals:

[ QUOTE ]

47RXL Nylon Jazz XL
                The same great tip as our popular Nylon Jazz III picks, but with an extended gripping surface for a better hold.

Red Nylon (N) or Black Stiffo Nylon (S)
                47RXL (specify material) Refill Bag/24 picks
                U.S. Suggested List Price: $13.20

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

47RXL Nylon Jazz XL
                  The same great tip as our popular Nylon Jazz III picks, but with an extended gripping surface for a better hold.

Red Nylon (N) or Black Stiffo Nylon (S)
                  47RXL (specify material) Refill Bag/24 picks
                  U.S. Suggested List Price: $13.20

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that sounds like just what I was looking for. A Froogle search turns up exactly one place online that sells these, though. I worry a little about getting used to a pick that's hard to find. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

wow I feel like a wuss with my .60 ultex...

Comment

Working...
                    X