More Jazz III matters....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: More Jazz III matters....

Or just use them for awhile and you will get used to the grip. The red ones used to slip after I held them for awhile but eventually I got used to it and never have problems anymore.

Comment

I like the grip of the black ones myself.
      Can´t play with "regular" picks anymore. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

when I started trying the Jazz III, I played the blacks..one day I got a pack of black and a pack of reds and the reds won out for some reason, never bothered to figure why...just felt like a pick for me. I still use regular picks like the Dunlap purple tortex and a pick called meta carbonate by Pickboy.. 1.0 mm heavy, nice picks-very durable. They have some cool styles & graphics.. I highly recommend them. http://www.guitarpick.org/PickBoy.htm

Comment

love jazz III's. been using them as long as i can remember.

I've also been fiddling around with the dunlop 3.0mm stubbys

Comment

I used to have some kind of chemical reaction to the stubbies. I loved the way they felt but would always slip from my hands. I went to the Dunlop black Jazzr's but one day found an old Fender medium Jazz pick in my stash and started using it out of curiosity. I found that with this pick I had more control of articulation and dynamics so thats what I use now.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Grip can always be altered. Slash a few marks into the gripping area with a hobby knife. You'll probably end up roughing up the raised lettering that's on the Jazz IIIs and get better grip.

[/ QUOTE ]

or if you care, you can drill a hole through it so that when you grip the pick your thumb and finger are actually touching. i got this idea from those new fangled picks that they sell in the back of guitar magazines.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

you know what SCREW the stubby lil' bastards..

John had me playing those damn things for a while..

Only thing is...what if you don't have a stubby around ...learn how to palm mute and play with a standard size pick...because that is what you will be barrowing , finding or playing with in a pinch when you can't find your stubby. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

that's what I think..unless you you have an endless supply of them...

you should be able to grab ANY pick...and play if you had to..IMO
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Oh yeah, if you HAD to, no doubt, but they're cheap enough that you can have an endless supply of them. Put a few in your wallet, in your pocket, hell if you got an earring, stick one on a wire hoop [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

you have to order those around here ...alot of stores never stock them...and when they do...they're always outta stock...

So I make do of what I have plenty of...and I have an endless supply of cheap Fender heavys...so that's what I use..and various heavy Dunlap...I can't even find a stubby around here...and I had quite a few of them...

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

one of these days im gonna buy a bucket full of JAzz 3's and never have to worry about losing them again

Comment

you'll lose the bucket... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

for some reason Jazz 3s just disappear...they just go poof...all gone! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I buy picks by the dozen, thinking I'll get through the year with them easily. A month later they're all gone!

I go buy another dozen, because I can't find my other ones, I come home with the new picks and bam the old fuggers start showing up everywhere, miraclelasly! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

i love it when you drop a pick directly on the floor below you, and you look down and it magically bounced like 7 feet away, and rolled under the couch [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

"i love it when you drop a pick directly on the floor below you, and you look down and it magically bounced like 7 feet away, and rolled under the couch"

ALWAYS... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Couches and beds are magic pick magnets!

And if somehow you don't find any there, just look under your halfstack... or have a look into the washing machine. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                                http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Working...
                                X