More Jazz III matters....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: More Jazz III matters....

All this talk about the Jazz III's peaked my curiosity so I bought some black ones. I like 'em so far. A lil' smaller than the regular Jazz's but no biggy. As far as grip, I always take a razor and slash across my picks in a checkerboard fashion; works great. I've only used them for about the past week so it'll be a lil' while before I get used to the thickness. I will say that I seem to get a more forceful tone from the strings using them, if that makes any sense to y'all.
    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

I recently bought 6 dozen Gator Grip 1.50 mm's. Never tried the Jazz 3's. What gauge are they? 3mm? [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]
      Hear the universe scream
      Bleeding from black holes
      Whom horns careless
      And whom God mourns

Comment

Jazz III I believe are 1.38mm

Comment

I'm gonna have to order some and check em' out. Obviously they seem to work for quite a few of you guys, I'll have to try the reds and blacks. [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]
          Hear the universe scream
          Whom horns careless
          And whom God mourns

Comment

Scott of Vwall Guitars got me into those Jazz III's. Cool picks! But as long as they're Heavy or even Extra Heavy then I'm all set. Downstrokes to the max that'll make Hetfield proud! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

I defiently gotta say the reds win out this one. I don't know why, but they feel more...hmm..."usable".
              DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Yeah, I agree with Ezekiel! I find the red ones are softer and have a better sound, they also feel better. I use the 1mm's and theyre hard enough so that you get some good pick attack going but bendable(sp?) enough so that it fits comfortably. I also find they have more grip than the black ones

Comment

Reds for me too. They're also a bit easier to spot than the blacks if you drop'em!

Comment

pick knomes. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Scott of Vwall Guitars got me into those Jazz III's. Cool picks! But as long as they're Heavy or even Extra Heavy then I'm all set. Downstrokes to the max that'll make Hetfield proud! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                      And the funny thing is, Hetfield still uses the green .88 Tortex! Anything under .96 is a little too thin for me.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I tried em' for a few, but I've gone back to my Dunlop Gator Grip 1.5mm's. Out of the two,(red n' black) I liked the red ones better, grip wise. But they were both too small. I bought a half dozen of each and haven't lost a single one! So I can always keep experimenting with them... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                        Hear the universe scream
                        Whom horns careless
                        And whom God mourns

Comment

man you lot here love the jazz picks? lol i have a couple the red and black versions but they not as good as the Big Stubby 3mm.I ALWAYS carry with me a least 2 of them in a pick holder on my car/house keys and i have a shrinking supply in the house(i think my mates pinch them!!)i may need to buy an xray machine and install it in the front door frame to check for stolen picks when these light fingered bastards decide to pocket them [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I used the black gator 2mm and read all these Jazz III threads...so I bought a pack of black and red. I don't know what it is about these picks but I love the reds...they have better grip than the gators and just feel natural..maybe the size..now I have a bowl full of gators I will never use and a shot glass full of reds.
                            I love the reds.
                            -Michael

Comment

Reds! Reds! Reds!
                              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I love the Jazz III. Prefer black to red, as the red is a bit too shiny and slippery for me. But lately I've really taken to the Dunlop Ultex picks. I only wish they would make them in the Jazz III size. I've been buying the large Ultex picks and cutting them down to size.

Comment

Working...
                                X