Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Practice With or Without.......................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To Practice With or Without...................

[ QUOTE ]
    lol...i don't usually practice with an amp at all...lol...my picking hand is loud enough to make the strings ring where i can hear them...and i do a lot of practicing on an acoustic with horrible action too...makes the electric seem so much easier to play when i get around to it...lol...d.m.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I'll play some acoustic or bass - it makes your fingers FLY when you play an electric. Billy Sheehan can probably play faster than Rusty Cooley on guitar [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Practicing is for posers. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I practice without an amp a lot of times too. No need to use an amp when I working on things. I do find that if I go a few days without an amp that it takes me a little while to get used to using one, distortion or not.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

i practise with amp but on clean chanel.
          this is better for me becouse on distored chanel you cant hear all mistakes and dynamics or accents

Comment

If I'm learning a cover, I practice it the way it was recorded.
            When I'm writing a piece, I generaly start off clean and then add/layer effects, distortion, etc., to come up with the final version.
            So in short.. depends on what I'm practicing.
            -Rick

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I'll play some acoustic or bass - it makes your fingers FLY when you play an electric. Billy Sheehan can probably play faster than Rusty Cooley on guitar [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

Billy is pretty fast on guitar, not Cooley fast but he still shreds, he has a great legato technique and the vibrato is in tune too, he is better than most of the guitarists [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
              X