Shane Gibson Econo sweeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shane Gibson Econo sweeping

This guy, is a frigging monster. I came across his wierd sweep picking technique on chops from hell. Here's the link:

http://www.chopsfromhell.com/guest_gibsonshane4.html

listen to the file too [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Re: Shane Gibson Econo sweeping

Well, a Berklee's Best and fav student of the worst guitarplayer of all time, who is technically proficient though. The guy can play for sure! The track sounded like off-the-wall techno.

Interesting to say the least.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I agree....he can play, but............meh if some people like it then its good in its own way.
      www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

although you can be impressed by the technical skills needed, and everyone playing guitar will be more or less, I doubt it will do much more.. I personally don't like this speed at all cost fetish..

Comment

i agree, musically it's not that great, but it's just another technique we could all get under our belts [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          93 USA Soloist EDS
          USA HT6 Juggernaut
          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Yeah I have some similar really fast sweeping techniques and trills that I just stumbled across from years of playing that I can just rip at warp speed.

But most of the time when I play the stuff people say the notes go by so fast that they can't hear them or something similar to that.

Or when I start shredding people will ask me "don't you play any songs?"

Other guitarists like it but to practically use the stuff is difficult and to appreciate the stuff I think you have to be into shredding and instrumental guitar - which is not many of us.
            PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Typical Berklee dribble. Man I hate Berklee players. They are like robots or clones. They all sound the same.. good and technically sound but they lack style, personality or passion. Luckily for some the Berklee Stepford Wives syndrome never sunk in completely. I gave lessons to a Berklee graduate who insisted he would not play with any musician who couldn't sight read. He would stop a song and ask all the bandmates what key or position they were playing in. If they didn't know the answer they were gone. He now plays in his bedroom and records 22 note per second guitar solos on the Chops from Hell website. Ask him to play something off the cuff or original and he can't do it. He is a clone of his teachers and his guitar idols. I tried to teach him to find his own style. It didn't work.

Comment

Thats pretty cool, but not something I'd ever play, although it does just sound like the typic becker/malmsteen style stuff.

Comment

got to say thats clean tech he has there-some realy good phrases in there

Comment

Working...
                  X