Yngwie's Demon Driver sweep section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yngwie's Demon Driver sweep section

Could someone breakdown exactly what is happening? I know how to play it but I want to understand exactly what is happening in the Demon Driver sweep sequence from a musical standpoint. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Yngwie\'s Demon Driver sweep section

Dude: I see no one has commented here.

If you want PM me on the chord sequence and I will see if I can figure out what he is doing. I know theory pretty well.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I PM'd ya! Thanks for the help.

Comment

Me too... me too!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Me too... me too!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Please whatever you all figure out, post it here. I'd really like to learn that as well.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Me too... me too!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that you want to learn or you want to help? lol! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

OK I have not printed it out cause I have never used the notebook feature of windows.

However by looking at it - it appears to be in B harmonic minor. The first arpeggio is Bm. The second arpeggio is a major triad. You normally can do the same arpeggio in the B note position on the regular B minor scale. But in the harmonic minor scale this major chord is 1/2 step down. In the key of Bm this chord is a F# major where it would be a Gmaj normally.

All the time I have for now but it is what I thought - a sequence in the B harmonic minor scale.
              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

So anybody want to post the tab?

Comment

here's an accurate version:

demon driver ptb

Comment

Did not get to the last few chords this weekend but according to the tab I was provided by Inearthed here are the chords:

He starts by alternating between Bm and F# (major). Then alternates between A and D (both major). Then if the tab is correct the following the last D would be a B (major) that alternates with Em. Then after the Em is the classic Diminished Arp (any of the 4 notes could be the root for this chord) followed by F#sus (suspended 4th) then F# (major).

The B major chord does not exactly fit into the B harmonic minor scale. So either he is doing what is know as "parallelism" where you alternate between the major and minor OR possibly that B chord might be a Bm and the tab is inaccurate.
                    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

He does actually use parallel chords there, I'm quite sure.
                      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        He does actually use parallel chords there, I'm quite sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1.. look also at the powertab I've linked.. correct tab IMO

Comment

tab looks cool to me

Comment

Thanks for the explanation Shredmonster and the confirmation from other folks.

Comment

Yeah actually I am going to start experimenting with this parallel concept.

I was reading during the early 19th century composers were starting to experiment - playing a Gm scale for example and using a chord - any chord - out of the G (major) scale and throwing it into the mix.
                              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X