Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sweep picking

[ QUOTE ]
    yeah, loomis is the shit, although i wouldnt recommend his collumns to a beginning sweeper.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry for being a pain, but what is the difference between "Raking" and "Sweeping?"
      DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

raking sounds like a chord being strummed-mostly the notes are not seperated evenly with perfect timing that sweeps normaly have.JG-you shouldnt need to buy a dvd to get your hammered on notes to sound better.In fact i was teaching a couple of hours ago someone with the same problems-i made her hit the hammered notes a lot harder than the swept notes and that had the effect of slowing down the sweeping hand and keeping the notes fluid and even sounding.Try playing 5 string arps with just the fretting hand with the other hand crossed over towards the nut(satch style)muting the unwanted notes!lol..this i find builds up strength and is very smooth sounding(looks impressive too)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          yeah, loomis is the shit, although i wouldnt recommend his collumns to a beginning sweeper.

[/ QUOTE ]
          Yeah John, no beginners! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks Justin, greatly appreciated [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
            DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Buy a broom.....just kidding.

Doesn't MAB have an instructional vid on sweep picking?

Comment

Loomis is amazing.......love his stuff.......The sweeping part is after the main riff (which is amazing) He plays it fast the first time (amazing) Video: http://s64.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...W10JFZ3WRCIWBO
                Tab:http://s64.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...C168NF6122BI8O

Like Mr. wakely said try to do it all hammerons.......An easier way to do it for long periods of time is get a hair scrunchy, and put it at the nut. It will muffle the strings the same way, but your other arm wont be in your face for 5 hours. Hope this all helps!
                [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] ask Justin for some of his videos cause hes a scorcher when it comes to sweeping! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  nut(satch

[/ QUOTE ] Couldnt help....hahahahah [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

yea i kinda know one lommis sweeping lick its really cool .

Comment

Well I've been playing for years now, but as far as sweeping I'm a beginner! Where's a good place to start??
                      I love admins!

Comment

simple 3 string triads on the top strings,try the major,minor and dimished shapes.As soon as you get the hang of them and are smooth extend the triads into the 6 string range.

Comment

the solo on I, Voyager @ 3:30 is amazing, looads of 6\7 string sweeps

Comment

kinda difficult, even for an advanced sweeper, though.

Comment

Joe Stump has a great DVD on sweep picking. He covers everything from 2- to 5-string sweeps. He also gives you a bit of theory to go with it, so you can understand a bit of how to move around and expand out of given fixed positions. I also like the musical examples he gives - there's some good stuff to be had.
                              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I have tried on several occassions to get the hang of sweeping, and I just can't really make it sound clean. I don't think I have the dedication to make it work. I got close when I was younger and I first saw this technique, around 1990...I thought it was the coolest thing I ever saw. Then it became as much of a cliche as tapping. However, I can tap like a motherfucker!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                                Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Working...
                                X