crazy train solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: crazy train solo

well, imho that particular solo isn't very hard to do. then again, IMHO most of randy's solos aren't, with his leads i think it's more about getting the feeling right. i think e.g. flying high again is harder to NAIL than crazy train.
    but as i already mentioned, his leads are nothing when measured by today's standards. hell, even back in the middle/late 80s randy's stuff couldn't hold a candle against guys like becker, friedman, yngwie, and the likes, from a technical point of view at least. the thing that made randy a kickass player was his expressiveness, his ability to write catchy tunes, and the fact that he could double track pretty much everything.

Comment

Yeah, phrasing is everything when it comes to Randy's solos... but that in itself can be difficult.

Comment

i got my guitar world and i learned the solo although i have some trouble with that repeating lick near the end of the solo. but its cool i love to play it. I've been playing it all day.

Comment

The repeating lick just requires patience and pratice unfortunatly. You will aslo find that something very similar is used in Freebird so you may as well get it right [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

um....do you mean the lick at 3:07 ?
            that's a very basic pentatonic lick. the little fillers during the verses are more difficult to execute properly than this lick. well, imho.

Comment

Steve that was pretty good! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thanks Mr. Bill, I appreciate it!

Comment

yeah i've got it now it was just hard for me cuz of the baring on my finger.

Comment

That was great Steve!!
                    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Working...
                    X