The most agressive guitar lick...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The most agressive guitar lick...

aggressive...Ronnie LeTekro.."sapphire"..that solo thing...Gary Moore damn he was aggressive..Yngwie...John Sykes..wicked vibrato..!!

Complex and aggressive..yeeesh..anything Jeff Loomis does..

All Good choices so far..so many GREAT players.. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]..wha..you want AGGRESSIVE..one word..ERUPTION...that set ALL this shit on fire..pun intended! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

without VH and Eruption..prolly about 90% of us wouldn't be here right now talkin' bout...love? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

That's it.."Eruption"...that kicked EVERYBODY in the nads..I mean everybody!

Eruption is the official birth of "shred"....even tho guys like Uli Roth, Schenker, Marino, Iommi, Blackmoore was kickin' ass before that.

It's funny in 1978 Van Halen was unleashed but in that same year there was MANY fast guitar solos on other players albums.

in 1978...

Frank Marino live

Gary Moore's G-force on Jet records with a solo sounding very similar to eruption.

Ace's solo on Alive II

Triumph...Rick Emmet on Rock N Roll machine..

The Scorpions...

UFO..

Toto..."hold the line" solo was awesome..

I went to summer school with Neil Geraldo of Pat Benetar....He always talked about Steve Morse.

But Ed got the attention and put "Shred" on the map..

The three most influential players in the game are Jimi..Ed and Yngwie..IMO.

no matter how you slice it..most players are from one of those three "schools"..

maybe guys like Loomis, Chris Broderick, Magnus Karlsson, Alexi is the new blood...They're getting "attention"..and that is pretty hard to do after everything that has been already done before....they just keep pushing the envelope.

which is very cool..I think!

better than scratching a record and calling that..um..."music".. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      However, I vote for either the opening riff to SRV's "So Excited" or the second lick at the beginning of his version of "The Sky is Cryin'". These licks can be played so hard and with so much emotion...they just explode with intensity.

[/ QUOTE ]
      ooh, that just reminded me of something... the overbend followed by a cool lick in the middle of Stevie Ray's Voodoo Chile solo. I just hang on that note/lick every time I hear that song.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

jimmy page's riffs in whole lotta love after the break.

Comment

Not everybody's favourite solo, I know, but Vernon Reid's break in "Cult Of Personality" has got some pretty pissed-off sounding licks in it!

Comment

Snoogs..I liked that when it came out...but I thought.. well...it was just incoherent slop really..in that song..

The grooves were kickin' tho! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

...and Muzzy's bass lines were thumpin! Great band.
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Living Color was one of the best live shows I have ever seen. Incredible energy...awesome. I was 10 feet from Burnin' Vernon.

Mike
                Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Amen to that, Mike. They were an incredible live band.
                  Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I agree with Bill's assessment of "incoherent slop"...I always hated Vernon Reid's lead playing, it was just ugly to me. It probably doesn't help that I met the guy and was kind of an ass (he was offended that I didn't want his autograph when he came into the music store that I worked at [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]). The band layed down some great grooves though.
                    As for aggressive licks, Viv Campells solo in Rainbow in the Dark is aggressive as all hell and on the verge of spinning out of control, yet it never does...very cool.
                    Also, Mick Jones of Foreigner's solo in Hot Blooded is dripping with attitude. A bit sloppy but it just adds to the rock and roll coolness in this case.
                    Honorable mention is Billy Duffy's solo in Love Removal Machine. He was not a great player but he pulled off a cool, attitude drenched solo in this one.
                    And I agree with all of the SRV examples brought up earlier as well as Ronnie Le Tekro performing Sapphire.

Comment

Ill say the solo to Engines of hate by nevermore........Insane.....but then again anything loomis plays has balls the size of grapefruits.
                      www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

Just pick ANY solo off of Yngwie's Trilogy album !! Awesome !!

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm going to go with dogma condemned and catacombs or pretty much anything on Conquering the Throne by Hate Eternal

Also one of the most aggressive songs I've heard EVER is probably "The Great Southern Trendkill" by Pantera, man oh fucking man does that inspire some venom spitting in me! hahah

Cheers

RIP DIME!!

Chris

Comment

Working...
                          X