Learning Solo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Learning Solo\'s

Once you know what scale you are in it's a lot easier. You can just add your own flavor to it by adding notes within that scale.

Comment

Dang, I know some of those solos in Fade To Black pretty well, but can't conjure them up in my head at the moment - lemme find the disc and I'll get back to you, and I do believe you would play that as you've tabbed it due to the scale progression and links in that part.

Nice excercise in string-skipping, too
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

For the last 3 days i've been trying to learn the silent wars solo from a video my teacher sent me. i thought the solo was in harmonic minnor cuz thats what the song is in but i was in like regualr minnor. i was having trouble when I thought it was harmonic minnor and when i found out what it was really i learned it quite fast.The more you practice the scales that its in the easier it is.

Comment

Even after my head and my heart knows the phrasing, my fingers take a few days to remember everything like instinct. I worked on "Eugene's Trick Bag" for six weeks before I got it up to speed. My wife thinks its funny when I'm practicing solos because I shout damn it every few seconds as my fingers trip over themselves. You'd think I have turrets or something. The best I have to offer you is that accuracy outweighs speed. You have to find finess before you find the speed or sloppy is all you'll ever attain. Be patient, focus on the function and the form. Speed is a by-product of skill and discipline. Stay on your tips. As my teacher taught me, "knowledge is the treasure, practice is the key"
          Last edited by MadJack; 04-03-2006, 12:39 PM.
          "tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly"

Comment

Working...
          X