Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What some songs with beginning solo skill levels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What some songs with beginning solo skill levels?

Right now I have gotten down
    Judas Priest -Living after midnight
    Twisted sister - Were not gonna take it --quit laughing! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Kiss- Detroit Rock City --I hate have to tune my guitar every time I want to play that song.

I am working on the rythym to Iron Maiden -Aces High --it is like a solo in itself for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Judas Priest-Youve got another thing coming --This is pretty tough but I am about 1/2 the way through

I like to play songs all the way through and am tired of playing parts of stuff. Can any think of any that are ez and have the tab available on the net or in a book I can buy?

I know ...this is me.. [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Thanks

Re: What some songs with beginning solo skill levels?

Lots of Black Sabbath stuff is easy enough, except you have to retune a lot [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Paranoid and Iron Man are easy enough, even though there are two different solos on Paranoid.
    War Pigs
    Fairies Wear Boots
    The Warning is another good one

Just about anything from AC/DC, especially the Back In Black album.

Older Motley Crue (Too Fast For Love through Theater Of Pain - nothing overly complicated on those)

The biggest thing to remember is that if you're learning someone else's solos, they were an advanced player by the time they recorded it, so don't get discouraged [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: What some songs with beginning solo skill leve

I'm in the same position as you at the moment. I'd recommend some AC\DC stuff as well as its relatively easy and a hell of a lot of fun to play

Comment

the first solos I learned were some of Michael Schenker's slower stuff, like High Flyer and Try Me by UFO.

try for slower more melodic solos and songs, to get your familiarity with the fretboard improving.

also, practice lots of scales. or rather, I mean to say, practice one or two scales a lot. get very familiar with playing scales all over the neck. once you do that, you'll see how those are, slightly altered, parts of solos from many many songs.

just keep after it.
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

We do Detroit Rock City. You don't have to tune down. Just do the opening line on the 1st and 3rd fret on the A string. Then the cords are C, D#, A#, F.

I like Newc's suggestions for easier solos. Another one that is easy is Heading Out To The Highway by Judas Priest. That is an Octave Harmony note for note.

I cannot stress enough to learn your Major and Minor scales. Once you figure out what key the song or part of a song is, it really helps you find the notes and more importantly lets you know what note to bend a string to.

Matt

Comment

intro solos to "fade to black" and "one" by metallica are easy too.

Comment

I'll get slammed here...but anything by Poison.
              I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

I started with Sabbath, (the Warning isn't that about 15 minutes long??), try montrose, Pat Travers, Metallica is good for rhythm speed, solos are alot of Wah.........

Comment

The solo/s to Judas Priest's Exciter.
                  Straight up pentatonic, great melody, really good basic stuff.
                  Learn the various positions of the pentatonic and your on your way. Most 80's Metal (with the exception of a few) was mostly pentatonic stuff. Maiden's Murrary and Smith were well versed in the use of the pentatonic, IMO, they were the metal kings of the pentatonic.

Learn the basic of soloing(vibrato - shake those notes baby, bend to correct pitch, fast hammer on's and pull off's, string skippingand a couple of other stuff)and these will get you on your way. Then implement these basic skills over the pentatonic(jam to a rhythmn track of your choice to develop) and you'll be on your way my friend.
                  Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Maiden's Murrary and Smith were well versed in the use of the pentatonic, IMO, they were the metal kings of the pentatonic.

[/ QUOTE ]

They would mix it with a lot of Minor as well. Iron Maiden is a great band to learn from.

Matt

Comment

bad company...
                      can't get enough

def leppard...
                      rock of ages
                      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                      Amp... Pioneer
                      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Wow thanks for all the replys. Ive got lots to work on now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hell Bent for Leather by JUdas Priest sounds cool with the tapping and is pretty easy. I'd also have to agree with just about everybody else that said AC/DC. The most important thing is to play the music you want to play and like to play. DOn't play a song because it's easy to play. Put in the time and you will be much happier. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Detriot Rock City

100,000 years from KI$$$ Alive I- it's only 1 note with drunken vibrato, IIRC.

Comment

personally my first solo was from the song the kids arent allright by offspring

my first REAL solos that i actually worked on and know well are... fade to black intro solo and fade to black actuall solo at the end (well i know most of it lol)
                              If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

Working...
                              X