Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What some songs with beginning solo skill levels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

personally my first solo was from the song the kids arent allright by offspring

my first REAL solos that i actually worked on and know well are... fade to black intro solo and fade to black actuall solo at the end (well i know most of it lol)
    If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

Cinnamon Girl - Neil Young
      Just a guitar player...

Comment

Nevermore..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Cinnamon Girl - Neil Young
          :ROTF: nir nir nir nir nir,nir nir,
          nir nir nir nir nir, nir nir,
          nir nir nir nir nir, nir nir.....
          Don't tell me i'm the only one trying not to piss myself!
          "tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly"

Comment

Hey, he did ask for beginning skill level solos!
            Just a guitar player...

Comment

Good point. 24 hours later, I'm still laughing. Had a shit day at work yesterday too. I needed that. Thanks! Funniest one liner I've heard in a long time. Seriously though, suprised nobody mentioned Pink Floyd. Comfortably Numb would be ideal. Lots of good technique there and memorable. I always liked it. It's smooth...creamy...like peanut butter!
              "tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly"

Comment

ups nevermore
                believe in nothing --nevermore

Comment

Walking On Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves
                  Just a guitar player...

Comment

Anything off of Metallica's Kill 'em All are really just basic blues based stuff sped up a little. You will pick up a lot of classic little tricks that are not too difficult. Fade to Black is also easy and you will get introduced to simple arpegios.
                    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Runnin with the Devil is a good simple VH song.

Comment

Breaking the chains-cool George Lynch solo with some nice phrasing.

Comment

Working...
                        X