Scarified arps made easy:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarified arps made easy:)

Ok i learnt this song to improve my alt picking , i was using tab's , and i guess they were all wrong cause it was hard as hell to pick some of the arps fast and clean.

The worst version (most difficult to play was like that). * means the difficult spots ( like it is difficult to keep alt picking or it is difficult to keep notes separate from each other , difficult to make the notes not sound like a chord)

E---------------11*---15-13-15-11*----11*-----E
    B-11------11------11*-------------11*----11*--B
    G---12-10----12----------------------------12*-G
    D---------------------------------------------D

it is just stupid to learn and play it like that , you must use finger rolls and economy picking to make them sound good. I could'nt do that playing it this way.

Then i saw Justin John Wakely use much easier(smarter) way to play them, but i did'nt remeber how he did it and i came up with another version that is slighty easier to play but still difficult.this way i was able to get rid of the difficult spot near the end, as you can see i have removed some****( lets say a difficult spot)

E---------------11*----15-13-15----------------
    B-11--------11----11*-----------16-11-16-------
    G---12-10-12--12------------------------12-----
    D----------------------------------------------

I still felt like there is easier way, since i had practiced them quite a while and could'nt play them as good as i should have considering the time i had put in.

So 15 minutes back i came up with another version that is very easy and now i can play them with no effort at all and even faster than the original. If some of you had similar problem then this is the cure

Here it is ( this is probaby the way the man himslef playes it too):

E---------------------15-13-15-----------------E
    B-11--------11--16-11-----------16-11-16-11------B
    G---12-10-12--12---------------------------12-----G
    D----------------------------------------------D

Fingermovement looks cooler and much easier than all the crap tab versions out there

I hope it was helpful for some of you

JC

Re: Scarified arps made easy

E-----------------------15-13-15 13---11--------------E
    B-----------------16-11-------------------------------B
    G-15-12--12-15-12------------------15---15-12---------G
    D------15---------------------------------------------D

thats cools JC-thats kind of how i play that part,i have tabbed the slight changes.I use this tunes old tab as a warm up(the non solo section)as its good for kepping those fingers moving and overcoming that horrid 11/11 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Scarified arps made easy

lol
      Hey J thanks for the input your version is great too

Comment

its a great tune matehow are things over there?

Comment

Message sent

Comment

Working...
          X