Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Finger Training Trick I Use

If you can use it fine. Here is what I do:

I have the action on one of my guitars set high. I string it with a set of 9 - 42's BUT instead of using the 9 on the high E string I put on an 11 leaving the rest of the strings at normal gauges.

I do about 1/2 hour of intense exercises every day and about every 3rd day I do them on the guitar above. The 11 string on the high E will help build your vibrato strength.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

just play an acoustic once in a while, has the exact same effect.
    if you want to build finger strength there's nothing better than playing acoustic..imho.

Comment

+1
      I jam on my acoustic at least once a week.
      -Rick

Comment

I don't have an accoustic so I adapted one of my electrics.
        PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I just put a set of 13's on my strat and tuned it up to standard, built up some finger strength really quick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone
            +1
            I jam on my acoustic at least once a week.
            I play my acoustics probably every other day.
            they get the most time of all my guitars.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by shredmonster
              If you can use it fine. Here is what I do:

I have the action on one of my guitars set high. I string it with a set of 9 - 42's BUT instead of using the 9 on the high E string I put on an 11 leaving the rest of the strings at normal gauges.

I do about 1/2 hour of intense exercises every day and about every 3rd day I do them on the guitar above. The 11 string on the high E will help build your vibrato strength.
              Sounds like alot of work, but to each their own.

Yeah, the acoustic suggestion is good advice.
              Just play more with your picky, include it more.
              Do pinky bends, around the second or third fret on all strings, heck just do more pinky bends and that usually will do the trick whether its on an acoustic or electric.
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Working...
              X