Sweep Picking Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thetroy
    John it's a very basic video, he just goes through major, minor, and diminished arps on 2,3,4, and 5 strings I think all in the key of E minor. I think it's stuff you would already know
    Thanks. I am looking for some good help on 2 techniques that I can't seem to master.

6-8 note sweeps (where you pull-off and hammer the last 2 notes) and that Jeff Watson 8 finger hammer-on /pull off in Don't Tell Me You Love Me.

I have the chops to do either of these because I can play harder stuff. I just can't get a 6-8 note sweep to sound good. Especially the Tony Macalpine sweeps. They are so clean and precise they almost sound like a synth.

Comment

Originally posted by Axiom
      Can someone explain to me how this is actually played (which notes are picked) ? I only get confused when I try to play it in loop ...

E-------------14--17--14-----------
      B---------16--------------16-------
      G-14--17---------------------17----

To me, it is much easier to play using this pattern :
      E-------------14--17--14-----------
      B---------16--------------16-------
      G-----17---------------------17----
      D-19-------------------------------

Thanks.
      it's a matter of taste really, although the first shape seems to be more common for diminished arps.

i personally would use the first shape, starting with a downstroke on the 14, hammering on the 17, sweeping the 16/14 using a downstoke, upstroke on the 17, pull of to 14, sweeping the 16/17 using one upstroke, repeat.
      but well, that's just me

Comment

Working...
      X