No announcement yet.

Ever have one of thse days when you just suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get sooo bummed all the time....just burnt out.....But i expect that because i play like 7 hours a day and thats the price......I get soo bored all the time, but then some song or guitar player comes along that inspires me again and i keep on going. I would suggest trying to find something new to do, even if its just learning a few licks from a solo or song. Or watching a concert or instructional video. Then go back to your axe and start playing again no matter what. And dont let your GAS get the best of you. I realized in my search for better gear that it was really and escape from the fact that i myself need to get better. Always looking for that new guitar when infact i needed to learn a new scale, or practice to the metronome 10 BPM fast and cleaner. Yada yada yada anyway im done. If all else fails go for a run, or on the opposite end of the spectrum, grab a beer or 10 and chill on the instrument for a while hahaha.
    www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

even the big names have off days,you find out when watching bootlegs..lol..the comercial stuff is polished too well

Comment

Hah, I ALWAYS suck!!!

Seriously though. I love those days where everything just flows, but yeah some days, I just have to put the guitar down and walk away.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by mpigott
          I get sooo bummed all the time....just burnt out.....But i expect that because i play like 7 hours a day and thats the price......I get soo bored all the time, but then some song or guitar player comes along that inspires me again and i keep on going. I would suggest trying to find something new to do, even if its just learning a few licks from a solo or song. Or watching a concert or instructional video. Then go back to your axe and start playing again no matter what. And dont let your GAS get the best of you. I realized in my search for better gear that it was really and escape from the fact that i myself need to get better. Always looking for that new guitar when infact i needed to learn a new scale, or practice to the metronome 10 BPM fast and cleaner. Yada yada yada anyway im done. If all else fails go for a run, or on the opposite end of the spectrum, grab a beer or 10 and chill on the instrument for a while hahaha.
          i know exactly what u mean! i play a lot when im bored and then im bored again and i wanna play and i just suck everythings boring, doesnt flow nicely.. amp sounds muddy.. strings are buzzy
          If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

i think we all get these days. i know i do. but i just practice trhu it. sometimes it makes me feel like shit and not want to play, but if you just keep going you will be fine. sometimes i find if your trying to hard, you tend to play worse.

Comment

i have a few years like that!

Comment

I step away from my guitar for a while, even days.......when I pick it back up I usually work through the issues.
                Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Comment

Originally posted by gtrcollectr
                  I step away from my guitar for a while, even days.......when I pick it back up I usually work through the issues.
                  same thing here. i find if i just let my mind and hands rest from guitar stuff for a few days, the next time i pick it up everything comes out smoother, without even warming up. strange.
                  EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Go spend the eve at a bar with a good cover band. If the guitarist is decent it will give you new inspiration. Especially when you watch him play a lick, and you think...Oh hell, I can do that! Then you go play your guitar with a new found feeling of confidence. It really does help.
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I always found it best just to let the guitar win, just set her down and go watch TV or something.

Get a good nights sleep, and come back.

Usually works wonders for me.

Comment

Oh we all have those day..Hell..If I don't keep in practice..I can't even play my own riffs..

PLaye when inpired, not because of oppurtunity..like when my wife and kid leave..sometimes I'm too distracted about their well being and that worries me big time, blowing any mojo..I jam when they're home..when inspired..that's when I play me best..

when I want to..not when I have to..but you should be able to do both..because sometimes you may not want to play a gig or record..so ya gotta get some inspiration quick..and that's called jager!!

for me it's THC...seriously!!!
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by nateb
                          Everytime I step into a guitar store.

-Nate
                          Tell me about it!!! Its like once Im in there, I forget how to play everything! WTF is up with that?
                          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR
                            Tell me about it!!! Its like once Im in there, I forget how to play everything! WTF is up with that?
                            If I dont have a setlist infront of me, I am completely retarded. Just like a meeting, if I don't have my points written down, I cannot argue properly. It's just a mindset/confidence thing. If you catch me in my home office, I am a completely different player.

-Nate
                            Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I know what you guys mean. Having one of those nights. I mena, I AM inspired to play, right now, but it's just not flowing. For some reason, anymore, I tend to play, fine, sitting with the guitar on my lap, but as soon as I stand up, and the guitar is now lower in relation to my fretting hand, I get real sloppy. I know it has something to do with my wrist now being more bent , than with sitting, but aside from playing with my strap tightened to my friggin chin, I don't know how else to overcome it. I'm sure the gut ain't helping it, either!
                              I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k
                                I don't know how else to overcome it. I'm sure the gut ain't helping it, either!
                                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
                                X