question for YJM fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for YJM fans

I was just watching the live dvd with the japan filharmonica...which is awesome, but I've noticed something a bit weird or special if you like, about Yngwie's technique...just thought I'd mention it in case I'm the only one who notices these things

I've noticed that often when he lets bends or other notes ring...rather than just pick once and sustain the note, he very gently picks it several successive times making it sustain very powerfully...it is a neat trick, and the sound of the pick on the string is almost inaudible such is the gentle movement of his right hand works pretty nicely I think..

anyone else notice this? maybe he does it because his strats don't resonate well

I noticed that, he did it while playing black star.

Comment

he made it look like he had a long note that would never end , but he picked it insecret after a while.lol

Comment

yes. it's called classified picking.

ok, sorry. that was a stupid joke.
        www.WarCurse.com

Comment

I would call it legato picking.
          Just a guitar player...

Comment

secret picking!
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Marty Friedman does this also, I really wanna learn how they do it so good heh

Comment

One trick when doing ths is to pick when there's other elements that can help mask the picking attack, like on a snare hit, a cymbal crash, etc. Doing the Santana thing by finding a sustain "node" on the playing area helps too.
                Just a guitar player...

Comment

Watch MF, he does the sustain by flicking his free fingers over the strings, very cool.
                  Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

asd

Originally posted by skorb
                    secret picking!

LOL

Comment

lmao, secret picking..
                      pickognito?
                      www.myspace.com/madeaband
                      www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

Working...