X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem isn't the low action. It's your technique

Comment

there is nothing wrong with my technique
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik
        there is nothing wrong with my technique

CUNNILINGUS???
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

BITE ME YOU PENGUIN SPERM SOUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I can't do cunnilingus, I'm fucking ill right now, I can cough into the pussy tho....

Comment

Hi, Hi, Hi
              Billy are you HIGH?

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik
                Hi, Hi, Hi
                Billy are you HIGH?

YES!!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

interested thread. yup, my fingertips are ripped up etc. high action on one guitar causes them to go under the upper string. whereas the other guitar has very low action and it's impossible to play it most times without triggering unplayed strings from vibration on the board.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I must play with low action..I never used to..but like I said, my playing hand is basically paralyzed, I can't feel the strings..not at all!!!

I practice with much fire..everday..that keeps me in form..

you gotta go what works for you man!!

There is no rules to this..not at all!!

Comment

i like my action at around 2 mm at the 12th fret with a little bit of neck relief, but not a whole lot...just the way i like it i guess...
                      My metal band Lucian Scott
                      Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
                      Available Now!
                      New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

I don't know how high my action measures, but everyone who plays my guitars tells me it's too high. I really like to dig in on bends, get very focused note definition, and avoid fret buzz at all costs, and the only way I have consistently attained all of those is with high action.
                        sigpic

Comment

Heh... 1mm on the treble side and 1.1~1.2mm on the bass side

I have no problems with bends whatsoever. If you can't bend properly on low action, you need to practice. My last guitar had about 3mm action at the 12th fret, and that was more problematic - strings would catch on my nails, etc. It's not really much harder to play fast with higher action, but I find it a lot less comfortable.

Comment

I'm confused as to how action would affect the sound at all. Sure if there's fret buzz then it won't sound as rich, but the height of the string over the frets?

I rarely attempt over 3 fret bends because I have bad experiences with strings breaking. My first guitar had pretty high action and I didn't know any better. When I switched to a lower action guitar, I found my left hand could play for longer before getting tired, because I wasn't lifting my fingers up super high to avoid catching on the strings.
                            Scott

Comment

Endy,
                              Maybe you just haven't scored the super extra magic dust guitar yet , that's my opinion. you need to find your Elvis and you just may say I take it back. My magic E has had only 2 setups in like 9 years-lol, just slap the strings on and it has stayed the same, it needs nothing. you need a score of the month to change your opinon. Whenever you get here , i'll change your mind.
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

bro, you DON'T want ME to play with Elvis or the other magic Charvies, trust me, somehow everything that is expensive gets broken in my hands

Comment

Working...
                                X