Warming up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warming up!

I didn't realize how important it is to warm up before a show! We had our first gig on Saturday night, and into the 3rd song my picking thumb started to cramp up!! I lost the pick in the middle of the song and everything!! I recovered, but I didn't have half the speed I needed to keep up with the awesome guys I play with!! By the 8th, and last song I was finally doing alright! I felt bad after! But everything turned out okay!
    I love admins!

Originally posted by sl2lover
    I didn't realize how important it is to warm up before a show! We had our first gig on Saturday night, and into the 3rd song my picking thumb started to cramp up!! I lost the pick in the middle of the song and everything!! I recovered, but I didn't have half the speed I needed to keep up with the awesome guys I play with!! By the 8th, and last song I was finally doing alright! I felt bad after! But everything turned out okay!
    Not only that... Stretching is very important too. When I am stressed for time and I know that I have to be playing soon after I get home. The stearing wheel provides a nice resistance to stretch out the thumbs and get the forearms/wrists stretched out. That, mixed with a medicine ball to lay down backwards on to crack my back gets me nice and ready to warm up.

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

It's a must... I play anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour before heading out to a gig.
      -Rick

Comment

I sure didn't!! I payed for it!! I need to practice more as well!! I didn't pick up a guitar like two days before!! Dumb!!
        I love admins!

Comment

I play best after 2 hours. I like a minimum of 1/2 hour warmup - which is my normal routine.

But after 2 hours I find I am at my best.
          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I need a good hour to warm up. I can play cold but I'm a little sloppy. after an hour or so, I become a much cleaner, more fluid player.
            Before a gig , I would definitely play for at least an hour to be ready to go.
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by shredmonster
              But after 2 hours I find I am at my best.
              Me too. But it depends on a day, one a good one after 2, but can be after 3-4 hours sometimes too.

Comment

I had to warm up forever today. It was pretty cold here today it was still maybe only an hour or so. I usually dont take very long to get warmed up....probably because I suck

Comment

Working...
                X