I cant grip my pick, tried everything :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant grip my pick, tried everything :(

Brain Picks, Tortex Picks, Gator Grips, Ultex picks, Gorilla Snot...Holes drilled through picks, razor slices to raise edges, you name it. *sigh*

I have sweaty hands and fingers. Always have. In sports I need to wear gloves for EVERYTHING otherwise balls slip through.

Im running out of thigns here, I cant play in front of people because the minute I get going on something technical or heavy strumming, it squirts out or moves around too much.

Any last ditch ideas for the chronic who has tried everything with no success?!?!?

Cut some pieces of adhesive sand paper and stick on the top half of the pick works for me.I use 400 grit.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Try Ibanez grip wizard picks. They have sandpaper or rubber dots on the surface.

Comment

Grow your fingernail out & use that.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

How about some sort of antiperspirant / powder on your picking hand? Another option could be to get one of those picks that attaches to your thumb... Or just train yourself. I sweat like crazy when I gig and I never drop picks.

Comment

I did\nt say that RacerX.
            Last edited by JC_Denton; 08-30-2006, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JC_Denton
              And what he does is he takes electric drill and makes(id otn know the exact world drills) a hole through the pick. It wont slip if youhave hole through them
              Er, he already tried that (read the first sentence in this thread)

Comment

finger pick?

Comment

Originally posted by JC_Denton
                  I did\nt say that RacerX.
                  Last edited by JC_Denton : Today at 04:03 AM.
                  OK, you typed it!

Comment

Try relaxing when you play. If you are sweating that much while playing you are working too hard. Playing guitar is not a physical activity.
                    The other option is to learn to play without a pic or quit guitar and take up bass.

Comment

If nothing else helps, I believe you can actually get it corrected through surgery. I've heard somewhere that quite a few top artists have gone through procedures like that.

Comment

Surprized that Tortex picks don't work, they did for me and I have the same problem. The sand paper idea sounds pretty extreme but maybe it will work. make sure you don't let it contact the strings though, they won't last long if they do.

Comment

Pick your favourite pick so far, then grab some fine sandpaper and rub gently where your finger would be holding it, the might either create a crater for you finger to grip or the particles of plastic that are left behind ( or the rough of the surface ) should be enough for your finger to grip the pick, hope this helps!
                          Peavey Wolfgang
                          Gibson Les Paul
                          Zakk Wylde Buzzsaw Les Paul
                          Line 6 Spider 2 12"

Comment

Did you say your balls slip out of your hands?

http://www.gripguitarpicks.com/
                            "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                            I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Use a thumb pick, I've seen videos where chris Broderick uses them. Once you start playing it pretty much feels exactly the same as a regular pick, but it won't go anywhere.
                              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
                              X