No announcement yet.

I cant grip my pick, tried everything :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't use a pick at all... like Jeff Beck!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

or use a power drill
      EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

haha, thanks for the help guys. I tried sand paper, and it just got gunky after short usage.

Honestly, it's pretty sick, I sweat on my hands more then you can imagine. I play relaxed, but when it's + 30, your hands are sweating, your sweating, etc, it gets shitty. I ll try some of these pick links, and ALSO see if there is a better grade self adhesive sandpaper

Comment

Originally posted by gemini8026
          ALSO see if there is a better grade self adhesive sandpaper

Skateboard grip tape!

-a

Comment

Just super glue it to your finger. J/k Try a little gymnast chalk to keep the sweat down to a minimm and maybe were a wrist band on the hand to keep the sweat from dripping down your hand.
            Gil

Comment

Gorilla snot
              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

tried it, sweat just makes it a messy semi sloppy grippy mess

Comment

scotch tape on your fingers.. get the sticky stuff off the tape part of it... grind it into the pick..

works for me.

Comment

I don't remember if its considered tape or not it does come in rolls, but try the stuff they put down in strips on or by stairs to prevent slipping.

Comment

Crazy glue... Just put a dab on each side of the pick. Then press your fingers to it and count to 10.

Bring nail polish remover to the gig so you can soak it off when your done.

Be careful not to shake anyones hand or pick your nose or rub your face. You could really hurt someone or yourself.

j/k. Dont try this!

Comment

Try dimpling them with a small nail.Three dimples in a triangular pattern,with the point at the bottom.
                        Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Clayton-Standard-Cork-Grip-Picks-6-Pk-i389957.music I knew they made cork grips so I found these. Hope it helps.
                          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I found that a hole never works because the pick spins around in circles. But 2 overlaping holes, like a sideways number 8 worked great.

Comment

I use these picks

From Brooklyn Gear

They're pretty expensive though, so I bought a bunch of Tortex 0.75's and used the pattern from the pick-boys, and went to work with my dremel, it works wonders for me.

Later,

Steve
                              Guitars:
                              '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                              '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                              '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                              Amp:
                              VOX AD30VT

Comment

Edit:

Nevermind... I suggested Gorilla Snot, but didn't see someone else already did.
                                Last edited by St.James; 09-27-2006, 02:15 PM.
                                Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Working...
                                X