How to get this guitar tone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get this guitar tone?

I wasn't sure where to post this, so sorry if this is the wrong place.

I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out with this. This clip is from Metalocalypse, and i am trying to figure how to get my guitar to sound like the Lead guitar in the beginning, can anyone help me out?

heres the clip
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=nc7SbVrNVlo

thanks

I don't want to be a dick, but you know thats two guitars right? I don't know how to get that tone, it sounds kind of trebly w/o any bass.

Comment

Any modeler will get you that tone. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't recorded with a POD or a V-Amp Pro.
      Its most likely Marshall based, using a neck humbucker, lots of delay and a ton of gain. The V-amp Pro has a Malmsteen patch that sounds like it. The Vetta has a patch called Run to the Hills that sounds like it. You could also get that lead tone using an ADA MP-1 or a Marshall JMP1. Its a pretty generic metal tone if you ask me.

Comment

ok thanks.

haha, ya i know its two gutiars

Comment

That vid was awesome!

Comment

The show is AWESOME every Sunday night at 11:45PM on "Adult swim" on the Cartoon Network , I thinkj I saw everyone so far..

That clip is the intro to the show!!!

That may be a Krank, that's all you see in the show, and Jeff Loomis did a voice over and some shred for the "Band Therapy" episode..

It also says Line 6 in the credits as well..

The two writers for that show do all the music and his two of the characters..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
            X