How to get this guitar tone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get this guitar tone?

I wasn't sure where to post this, so sorry if this is the wrong place.

I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out with this. This clip is from Metalocalypse, and i am trying to figure how to get my guitar to sound like the Lead guitar in the beginning, can anyone help me out?

heres the clip
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

thanks

I don't want to be a dick, but you know thats two guitars right? I don't know how to get that tone, it sounds kind of trebly w/o any bass.

Comment

Any modeler will get you that tone. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't recorded with a POD or a V-Amp Pro.
      Its most likely Marshall based, using a neck humbucker, lots of delay and a ton of gain. The V-amp Pro has a Malmsteen patch that sounds like it. The Vetta has a patch called Run to the Hills that sounds like it. You could also get that lead tone using an ADA MP-1 or a Marshall JMP1. Its a pretty generic metal tone if you ask me.

Comment

ok thanks.

haha, ya i know its two gutiars

Comment

That vid was awesome!

Comment

The show is AWESOME every Sunday night at 11:45PM on "Adult swim" on the Cartoon Network , I thinkj I saw everyone so far..

That clip is the intro to the show!!!

That may be a Krank, that's all you see in the show, and Jeff Loomis did a voice over and some shred for the "Band Therapy" episode..

It also says Line 6 in the credits as well..

The two writers for that show do all the music and his two of the characters..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
            X