Randy Rhoads Lesson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy Rhoads Lesson

I read about this in Guitar World. A former student of RR put together an e-book from Randy's teachings. Anyone check this stuff out?

www.rhoadscholar.com

I deleted the original post to avoid the slaughter of typing in "Rand" instead of Randy. I figured that deserved at least the bashing everyone gets for misspelling Rhoads around here. My question to the mods is... if I deleted it why is the f’er still there?

I don't think it's cool to sell Randy's teaching like that... Does Delores Rhoads and family get anything from it?

Comment

"A portion of the profits from each sale will be donated to two worthy charities:
      The Randy Rhoads Memorial Scholarship Fund at California State, Northridge
      The Van Elsender Cancer Center (of St. Johns) in Detroit, Michigan"

Comment

yeah i saw it. it didn't look that good i just saw like C minor penitonic which doesn't seem that cool or interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Brick View Post
          yeah i saw it. it didn't look that good i just saw like C minor penitonic which doesn't seem that cool or interesting.
          Yeah, it's not like you can move C minor around to other keys or nothing.
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

cashing in on the 'rhoads' name I'm thinking, the charity clause is to give it some credability!

Comment

I don't think this guy is doing anything horrible. The magazine article goes into the lessons in pretty good detail. Very basic stuff, for the most part. One kinda interesting thing is where it shows RR's approach to connecting scale patterns, but overall I think this may appeal mostly to guys who have to have everything RR-related and want the scans of his hand-written notes. As far as "cashing in", I'd say it's certainly not as bad as his "best friend" Kelly Garni dishing dirt about RR to GW & accepting money from the members of the RR forum when he hit hard times. This dude has something that some RR fans may want, and he's willing to sell it to them if they want it, with some proceeds going to a good cause backed by Dee (the scholarship fund at Northridge). People sell memorabilia all the time, and imo this approach lets more people see it than if he just tried to get a high price for the original copy from one collector. My .02, & I know many may disagree.

Comment

Someone needs to tell him how fucking annoying that midi shit is you can't turn off!
                Last edited by St.James; 10-02-2006, 05:09 PM.
                Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Originally posted by St.James View Post
                  Someone needs to tell him how fucking annoying that midi shit is you can't off!
                  I heard about 1.5 bars of that and closed the window. Whatever can be gained from that site is wasted on me!

-a

Comment

Didn't this guy have them in Guitar World years ago?
                    I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

Yeah i was gonna say, Im pretty sure i have a Guitar World from 91 or 92 with that "blues lick" lesson in it among other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                        Yeah, it's not like you can move C minor around to other keys or nothing.
                        yeah dude i know that, its just that the minnor penitonic scale is the most over used boring scale so it really isn't special.

Comment

In the Ozzy guitar Legends magazine it has a much better lesson. he teaches many exercises and how to play parts of Revelation, Crazy Train, I Don't Know and Over The Mountain. I don't have a scanner but If i get a chance I'll try to type the lesson out.

Comment

Randy Rhoads Lesson

> Wasn't the scholarship originally at UCLA,where he intended to go after he left Ozzy? Tommy D.
                            "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

The lesson was in the Mag a few years ago, I have 2 of the mags still, It had some cool pics of RR in it as well..one mag bit the dust for the pics, I made a collage of RR once...pretty cool..

Comment

Working...
                              X