Which guitarists can you imitate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which guitarists can you imitate?

And it doesn't count just playing a famous riff or lick, for example if you played the arpeggios in "Highway Star" that wouldn't count.

You'd have to play a solo in the style of that person, where someone wouldn't recognize the song but would think "hey that sounds like Ritchie Blackmore"

For me:

Ritchie Blackmore
    Billy Gibbons
    Angus
    Jerry Garcia
    BB King

Your thread title doesn't say anything about solos, so I'm gonna say James Hetfield!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well, if you made a riff that wasn't a metallica song, and people were like "Is that metallica?" that would count.

Of course you might get sued, not to highjack my own thread but does any one remember this:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/07/17/ctv.metallica/
      Last edited by tanpsi; 11-01-2006, 08:17 PM.

Comment

depends who i'm listening to tbh... i find i can sound like anyone and jam along just by listening to their note choices and familiar patterns they use...tho if i'd say anyone, i'd say someone with a distinctive tonality, like george lynch, or steve lukather, and i'm good at van halen riff style with the major thirds and that, also failry good at albert collins and billy gibbons, and sodom / destruction style thrash rythms....

Comment

Well, I don't feel like I could answer this question without sounding like a pompous ass or insulting the cited guitarist....so I'll just say I don't acknowledge the fact that I do or can play like anybody.

Comment

I play like me...
            But sometimes when I play Master Of Puppets,
            really like Hetfield but that is because I think it`s easier
            to play the song when you step with your right leg infront
            (if you are a right handed)...
            Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

That dude from Blink 182

Comment

Dr Know of Bad Brains

Comment

Yeah, I meant just fooling around, trying to sound like somebody, my "real" style is kind of a combination of those guys I mentioned. Some distinctive people I can't sound like are:

Van Halen
                  Hendrix

And I'll risk ticking some people off by saying I can't sound like Clapton, but only because he is about as distinctive as a glass of water haha (I like his music though.

Comment

People think I look like Tom Petty...........

But seriously, people usually say my leads remind 'em of EVH (Probably because I'm so obsessed with tapping, and I use a Wolfgang sort of often) And my dad seems convinced that a lot of my stuff is similar to John Petrucci [I don't buy that for a second either...but he watched Live at Budokan and he kept saying a lot of what Petrucci was doing didn't sound too far off from the stuff I do. No idea why he thinks that, I'm not even a billionth as good as Petrucci...haha]

Comment

Spuno Gettin'Snort
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Tommy, was he in the Ex-GF-isMean
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

RANDY RHOADS !!! im not nearly as talented as he was tho
                          Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                          Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

cobain
                            hendrix (but obviously im nowhere as near as talented )
                            kirk hammett

Comment

jeez!i cant sound like anyone if i tried-sure i can cop a few YJM licks and can play a few lynch tunes but as for sounding like them,close but no cigar.Getting another players timings and dynamics spot on is very hard and time consuming to do,i am far too lazy to do that but respect other who put the time in

Comment

Working...
                              X