Which guitarists can you imitate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    Kurt Cobain, but maybe just a little better than him.
    I once stumbled down a flight of stairs, smacking the cheap nylon string acoustic I was carrying into the wall on my way down. Sounded just like Kurt Kablooey
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I can imitate quite a few guitarist...i.e. everyone that play like shit.
      I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

Well, I'm completely self taught with the attention span of a fruit fly, so I pretty much sound like anyone passing for "heavy rock" on the mainstream radio in the last 7 years..... or anyone from Korn.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          I once stumbled down a flight of stairs, smacking the cheap nylon string acoustic I was carrying into the wall on my way down. Sounded just like Kurt Kablooey
          Ah, maybe I should try that since I sound too good. :ROTF:
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse Called War View Post
            My playing sounds like Chong from "Cheech and Chong's next movie" must be the weed
            Originally posted by KLNowak View Post
            I can imitate quite a few guitarist...i.e. everyone that play like shit.
            Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Ah, maybe I should try that since I sound too good. :ROTF:

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've tried to imitate, but I'm no good at it. If I had to choose who I think I sound like, it would be Kirk, lead wise. I loved everything from KMA to Justice, afterwards I became dissillusioned with Metallica, and changed gears to Megadeth. I like Mustaines abilities, and his choices for lead guitarists. I can play his rythm stuff and a lot of his leads, but I can't follow the likes of Poland, Young, Freidman, Pitrelli, or Drover very well at all. I guess being self taught doesn't help much either. I play a good Van Halen at times, a good Dokken, & I love to play Iron Maiden, but I'm no where near any of these guys. If I had my choice of who I wanted to be like, it would be Alex Skolnick, without a doubt.
              "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Leads: David Gilmour, Eric Clapton, Steven Wilson

I try to use phrasing, bending and space to my advantage with my lead playing. Speed is not my forte.

Rhythms/Cleans: Mikael Akerfeldt, Steven Wilson, Dave Mustaine

Not all together - When I actually come up with riffs for my main band, it's very Opeth influenced. My material for my acoustic stuff is very Porcupine Tree/Blackfieldish. Then there's my new project, which is mainly inspired by Rust In Peace, Countdown, and Blackmail The Universe from The System Has Failed. When I was younger I constantly wrote Mustaine-influenced stuff, much less now.
                Last edited by Sinistas; 12-22-2006, 01:57 PM.
                Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Fat Albert
                  My Guitars
                  Hohner HW-200 (Natrual Grain)
                  Slammer By Hamer XP-1 Standard (Wine Red)
                  Kramer 1984 Custom (Bullseye Black)
                  Squier Affinity Series P-Bass (Black)
                  Epiphone Les Paul Classic (Black)
                  Takamine EG531SSC (Black)
                  Kramer Vanguard S-440S
                  Kramer Proaxe Standard (Black Sparkle)
                  Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom (Camo)
                  Kramer F-1000 (Black)
                  Ibanez RG-370 (Urban Digital Camo)

Comment

Hells yeah!
                    My Main Rig:
                    '87 Charvel Model 4A
                    Peavey KB100 amp
                    Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                    '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                    '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                    '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                    '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
                    '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

Hmmm first reply. I'm in my forties...started playing before most of the board members were born.....I play in the styles of Di Meola, Uli Jon Roth,Holdsworth.Lane,Morse would like to play like Tuck Andress,Ted Greene,any of the great nashville pickers like Brent Mason,the Hellacasters or Johnny Hiland ....started on UFO,Scorpions, early Van Halen/Randy Rhoads, Gary Moore...the 80's ruled . I wish everyone all the best in the upcoming year.

Tony

Comment

I would say...that for maybe 20 seconds...i can get someone to comment...

Man, that sounds just like Roy Orbison! With a bit more gain...!
                        (Ok, i would like to think im a pimple on Glen Tiptons ASS!

Comment

Buckethead.

Comment

i get told i play abit like kirk hammett.i dunno if this is good or bad ?
                            my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

Originally posted by dinky kustom View Post
                              i get told i play abit like kirk hammett.i dunno if this is good or bad ?
                              that depends on who tells you. If it's the average Metallica fan, they probably haven't heard any other metal guitarists and so if you can play some pretty good lead, to them you sound like Kirk. You might sound like a metal version of John Scofield, but they would still say you sound like Kirk. Kirk = good guitarist. R0X0rs!

Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                                that depends on who tells you. If it's the average Metallica fan, they probably haven't heard any other metal guitarists and so if you can play some pretty good lead, to them you sound like Kirk. You might sound like a metal version of John Scofield, but they would still say you sound like Kirk. Kirk = good guitarist. R0X0rs!

good point
                                my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

Working...
                                X