playing standing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple more Steve Clark pics.....

And one that gives an idea of how long that strap really is...

Comment

hehe yup there all posers but, there all way better players then me anyway

Comment

Here's where I'm at! I'm the guy with the Lester.

Last edited by KennyF; 01-27-2007, 11:26 AM. Reason: Edited for content. Content? LMAO

Comment

Some like it to have the guitar really low...
          I was used to leave it around the belt buckle maybe
          a lil` bit lower...But, novadays I like to have it bit higher...
          Cause I`m getting more into shredding and it`s easier to
          play it like this..
          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Les Pauls are more hip resting guitars for me because there is no cut in the back for your ribs/stomach...

I play all my other guitars up higher though. Especially guitars that have s huge top cut like a Star or Explorer shape.

What ever feels comfortable is the way to go. I personally am not focused on some sweaty guy looking at him like some kind of sex symbol icon getting all turned on by the way he wears his guitar down around by his balls...but if that is what you are into... Everybody has to be something I guess... heh heh...

Comment

I always practiced standing up, because I knew that if I was ever able to get into a band, that would be how I'd have to play.

I prefer my bridge pickup to be right at belt level, just feels the most comfortable.

the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I have always have my guitar at the same height wether I am sitting or standing so it is basicly the same no matter which way I am. If you always play standing up then I guess it wouldn't make a difference but I do a lot of both.

Comment

Standing here about 90%! I wear ming pretty high as well, and could give a fuck about how it looks! That's one reason why i like Jacksons, they're so pretty!
                  I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by sl2lover View Post
                    Standing here about 90%! I wear ming pretty high as well, and could give a fuck about how it looks! That's one reason why i like Jacksons, they're so pretty!
                    That kinda summs it up. You will still look cool holding a Jackson even if the arm rest is hitting your chin.

Comment

I say mess around with the strap till you get it sitting where it feels right to you. And just jam, before you know it its like a third arm or forth, depending on how blessed ya are.

Comment

Actually, I think this picture says it all. Look at where Collen's guitar is. Then think about how he came to be in the band and his primary role.

Last edited by KennyF; 02-03-2007, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X