what to use for transcribing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to use for transcribing?

I have just gotten back into playing after a long hiatus- What are some good cd/pitch controllers to use for slowing songs down and adjusting pitch to my guitar instead of retuning all the time. I have read a few things about a small tascam unit but it didn't get very good reviews. Any help will be appreciated. jake

Here's what I use:

I have a old Akai Phrase-o-Matic that I've had since the 80's lol...but it is a cool unit...and they are cheap on E-Bay...

I also use a Rhythm Bandit, an old, passive filter which can help to isolate phrases/lines sometimes to hear them better....

I use a mixer with the track on one channel, and my guitar in another through headphones most of the time...unless it's old classic rock or some metal which isn't too hard to figure out the chord/bass melody lines.

There's tons of more stuff on the market now for transcription, but, I'm a dinosaur lol....and I'm very reluctant to change...

Comment

Cool- Thanks much for the info- I'm kind of in the old school sort of thing also..LOL The last thing i used for transcribing was a unit that ibanez made- That thing was very crude but did help some. Jake

Comment

Working...
      X