Output volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Output volume

I was at a gig last week and I started the night out with a Semi Hollow that had a Seymour Duncan JB in it, then about half way through the second set, I switch over to a LP with a Dimarzio Tone Zone.
    At the end of the night I was talking to the sound guy about some stuff and he said that the Semi Hollow was much louder than the LP.
    Does that makes sense?
    I would think the guitar with the hotter pickup would put out move volume.
    Is there a way to balance them out and/or measure the output like a ohm meter would do for a pickup?

Anyone?

Comment

Everyone!!!!

... uh, what was the question

jk I don't have much experience with hollow body electrics, but for measuring the output: downtune the low E string to B (5 semitones down) and pluck it, then measure the AC at the output.
      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Thanks, I'll Give It A Shot

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
          Everyone!!!!

... uh, what was the question

jk I don't have much experience with hollow body electrics, but for measuring the output: downtune the low E string to B (5 semitones down) and pluck it, then measure the AC at the output.
          Just curious, why the downtuning?
          Scott

Comment

Working...
          X