wristbands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
    I always thought the wristbands were to keep the sweat from dripping down onto the guitar?
    That's why I wear them. I sweat like crazy when I'm playing live so I do it mainly to keep from my guitar being totally drenched.

Comment

i sometimes wear them because my hand moves along the bridge more smoothly

Comment

I bought one just cause it looked cool..says Pantera. But seriously I have been having some pain issues in my picking hand, and when wearing the wristband it doesn't happen. Pain is really the wrong word..tiredness, fatigue maybe..some tingling occasionally. With the wristband it doesn't happen at all. Oh, and yes, it completely stops the sweat from getting to my picking hand.

Comment

Honestly, I've always thought the wristbands looked dumb. I'd open the magazines and wonder if these guys really thought it looked cool.

The wristbands help you warm up more quickly literally because they are keeping the forearms warm. If you lift weights, you will find that wearing a sweatshirt when the gym is cold will help you warm up more quickly and get down to business. Same thing basically.

Comment

I've experimented with them for my picking (right) wrist. Not really sure if my playing benefited at all, definitely comfortable and definitely keeps the sweat away...
            Hear the universe scream
            Bleeding from black holes
            Whom horns careless
            And whom God mourns

Comment

When it's cold I wear a longsleeve hoodie for at least an hour before I take the stage. Then about 20 minutes out I stop talking to everyone who isn't in my band, and I start jumping up and down, swinging my arms and stretching and stuff. Then 10 minutes out I grab a guitar and start doing fast runs just to get the blood to my fingers and psych myself up mentally. By the time I take the stage I am warmed up, pumped up and psyched up, and I hit the intro like a fucking beast on LSD and cocaine, flailing around and shredding up a fuckin' storm!! ARGGGHH!!

Comment

I used to tie a bandana around my picking hands wrist to keep my arm from getting hung on the finish.

It worked somewhat, but I'm more of a bare hand kinda man now.

Comment

I used to wear a bandana too...
                  I always worn a hoddie just before we have gone on stage...
                  Sometimes I even had it 3-4 songs into the set but, just
                  we we have played outside...
                  I here and there have a wristband on my hand...
                  Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Working...
                  X