The illustrious Pinch Tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The illustrious Pinch Tone

Im trying to get the Squeal down to the In my dreams song by Dokken and was wondering how the hell is George squeeling in the video. I thought maybe it was an easier techniqe and if any one knows how post a video of how to.
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

do you mean during the opening sequence of the solo? Tap Harmonics at the 14th fret. check out this version: http://youtube.com/watch?v=bN1gvXF8a...elated&search=
    Last edited by VitaminG; 03-29-2007, 11:24 PM.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

There called tap harmonics...are they harder to do than the traditional way?

Comment

Someone teach me tap harmonics......damn it

Comment

they are easy to do in concept, but take lots o practice

you just lightly tap anywhere there is a natural harmonic. Just fool around with it.
          DRAYDEN RULES
          www.myspace.com/draydenmetal

Comment

shit, man, you can't google "Tap Harmonics" now that you know what it's called? There is plenty of info out there on them.
            • Remember the most common fret locations of your natural harmonics (ie. 12th 7th, 5th, etc.)
            • Hold a note with your left hand.
            • To get started, quickly tap & release the strings 12 frets above the note that you're holding.
            • Make sure you tap right on top of the fret, not behind it. You're not trying to fret a note with your right hand, but kind of bounce off the fret itself to create the harmonic.
            • Try doing the same thing 7 frets, or 5 frets above the fretted note.

What George is doing in that opening lick is moving the fretted note along the string, but tapping on the 14th fret each time. So as he slides up to the 5th fret, he is tapping a harmonic 9 frets above the fretted note. The next note (at the 7th fret) he is tapping a harm 7 frets higher. Then the next note, he is tapping 5 frets higher than the fretted note.

Hope that makes some kind of sense. Watch what George is doing in the video that I posted, and keep trying until it sounds like he does.

FWIW, Eddie Van Halen used a similar lick to start his solo in Beat It
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Sweet

Comment

This way i also get posts....one more closer to one hundred

Comment

i wouldnt do that if i were u
                  Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                  Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Yeah, making a remark like you just did is a sure way of getting you locked out of the classifieds.
                    Scott

Comment

The illustious Pinch Tone

> Eddie used them all over the place,Mean Streets,Dance The Night Away,and Spanish Fly most notably. Tommy D.
                      "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Working...
                      X