Problems with non-sculpted/non-contoured heels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with non-sculpted/non-contoured heels

Does anybody else have a real problem with this? I love LP/Singlecut and carved top guitars, but I find my DK2 alot easier on my forearm and associated tendons, nerves than I do my DKMGT and singlecut guitars. My arm seems to rest at about halfway up my forearm on the edge of the body. After awhile it gets a bit uncomfortable. Any suggestions on forearm pads or something that I could use? Maybe its a technique issue, but I seem to do fine on the DK2?
    Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

There are 2 ways to go about it. One would be to not play the guitars you aren't as comfortable playing. The other would be to play them exclusively until your playing style adapts such that they are comfortable.

Comment

You are not the only one with that problem if I understand you correctly. Sometimes I am a bit on the slow side after work.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...ght=wrist+band
      Last edited by Sukisyn; 04-25-2007, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I was at work and half retarded. I meant the body, not the heel. Maybe I should change my nickname to dufus, lol.
        Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Well I know at least one Country player (I think it was Bill Carson?) had a problem with the square edges of Teles, his feedback led to the contoured body of the Strat way back in history, I definitly find the contoured bodys more comfortable.

But it could also be you are pressing or squeezing the body too much.

Comment

That used to happen to me when I played my LP before I sold it, I would just get a wristband and push it up my arm so that it was between my arm and the guitar body and it was much more comfortable.

Comment

I have this issue also, especially with LPs. I'm kinda heavy on the body with my forearm though. But I do prefer contoured bodies for my picking arm, and Vs are pretty comfortable too.
              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
              X