Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wound 3rd string fuxxoring me up! :D

Haha, I just had to share this.

I purchased some strings in a store recently. Funny thing is, that although they had a whole freakin' WALL full with strings, they only had flimsy gauges. I requested 012-054, but of course they had nothing in that vein. So they ended up selling me a 7-string set; 009-054 ...which would give me 011-054 if I just omitted the thinnest one. They even knocked a little off the price. I figured I could live with that...

So today I change strings on the M6...and the 4th string out of the set becomes my 3rd...and...it's a wound string.

My dimebag tricks instantly fell out the window!
    The squeals are still there, but I can't get the string to "flap" even when diving the Floyd as far as it will go, so they sound like shit...and it's not quite the same thing to do them on the 2nd string. Not only that; I am busting my fingers trying to bend notes past one full step!

I know that there are people who prefer wound G strings, but how the hell do they bend??? I can't decide whether the experience is depressing or refreshing, really. It's kinda funny to try and work around this shit, but it messes up quite a few solos!

I wonder if I can purchase a .020 plain somewhere locally...

places will give u free strings guy, or for about 10 cents

Comment

I've never seen a place that gives you strings for free...

But yes, you can buy separate strings. Just ask at the counter.
      Scott

Comment

i think if you built a relationhship with your store, they would give you a free string, i know mine has

Comment

Working...
        X