Four Finger Tapping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four Finger Tapping?

My two handed tapping technique has been pretty solid for a while now so I've decided to step it up a notch and go for the *ahem* four finger approach (well, eight fingers if we're talking about both hands).

Does anyone know of any good online video's for teaching this technique? I've tried Youtube but couldn't find anything!

Thanks!

K.D!
    Last edited by RandyRhoads; 08-13-2007, 05:02 PM.
    sigpic
    And on the 8th day,
    God kicked back with a beer,
    And gave that Jackson one helluva beating!

I haven't watched any videos, but personally the difference in length between my pinky and the rest of my right(picking)hand makes it hard to use all four fingers. Good luck.

Comment

Jeff Watson from Night Ranger applied his piano playing technique and did eight-finger tapping on guitar. I remember seeing a clip on Youtube at one time. I believe Jennifer Batten has done eight-finger tapping, too.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Look for some stanley jordon clips on You tube. Here's one to get you started.
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Jeff Watson from Night Ranger applied his piano playing technique and did eight-finger tapping on guitar. I remember seeing a clip on Youtube at one time. I believe Jennifer Batten has done eight-finger tapping, too.
          Jennifer Batten wrote a whole book about it, can't remember what it was called though.

Comment

Here's a good one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UsPa...de=user&search=

It's all downhill after you get this one down. Piece of cake!

Comment

Jennifer also had a regular column in Guitar Player & a full transcription of her 8 finger Flight of the Bumblebee (with right hand tab notated in red)

Steve Lynch put out an REH video called The Two Handed Guitarist back in the day. I haven't seen it, but it's supposed to be good.

Joe mentioned Jeff Watson. I believe he released an instructional vid too.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Cool. I had no idea any of them had books or videos about it.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I was only effective using two fingers on my pick hand and could do Jeff Watson NR covers. I normally tap with my middle finger so I dont have to move the pick but when doing the two tapped notes, I use my index finger and my pinky finger
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

FYI - someone on jemsite is selling a Batten book/CD.
                    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Check out Steve Lynch's website. He used to sell books and videos on tapping.

Comment

Jennifer has a book/cd called Two Handed Rock.. there was the Steve Lynch book/cd/video..Jeff Watson had a Starlicks video back in the day. I put a chapter on the technique in my new book too.
                        DiMarzio Endorsee
                        www.dimarzio.com
                        Morley Endorsee
                        www.morley.com
                        "Intelli-Shred" author
                        www.myspace.com/intellishred
                        NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Guthrie Govan explains it in great detail at his guitar techniques book

Comment

Working...
                          X