No announcement yet.

Where does you axe hang?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wear it low for blues rock, medium height for metal, abit higher for anything that requires lots of sweep picking, alternate picking etc.

Comment

The higher you sling your guitar, the more talent you have! No talent?!? Sling her low! (Not going to name any names or anything) *cough* Jimmy Page *cough*

Comment

My picking hand is right over my dick when I play. Which is down by my knees.

Comment

^which is also good if there's beautiful girls in the audience and you suddenly get horny on stage
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Depends on the guitar. Big guitar...V, Explorer, LP they tend to rest on my left knee and I play them like a cello...without the bow

Superstrat....somewhere around the waist
            Jason Becker / Paul Gilbert Wannabe

Comment

I play mine a bit higher than most, pretty much centered a tiny bit above my waist. I've jammed with other bands where their guitars were down by their knees! Looks cool, but I just about tore ligaments in my left arm trying to chord with it down that low!

Comment

I hang my guitars so they are in a comfortable enough position to do play accurately and cleanly. This would be where the guitar is positioned high enough to where the point of hte pick on my picking hand is right about belly button level. I dont giove a damn how it looks...I'd rather be able to play than have it hung to my knee caps and not being able play anything other than root-5 chords.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Mine are pretty high. I don't give a shit what it looks like. I put it where it's best to play.
                  PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Me too, but I've refined it: my guitar lays on the 'upper' portion of the gut so it's on a slight angle and I can see the frets.

I call it "Dork Height".

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    It covers my gut..which is pretty big..so that's good.
                    Strat God Music
                    http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

high enough to reach everything comfortably, but low enough that the upper horn of a strat doesn't poke me in my upper ribs. i'm a really small guy.
                      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

At my belt

Comment

Right around the waist, maybe a bit above. I just find it really hard to play when it's much lower. My bassist used to tell me I had it too high when I had a superstrat (he wears his REALLY low), but since I got my RR1 he hasn't said anything

Comment

Depends on how much beer I've drunk!
                            Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Around my gut area, i have never liked playing it at my knees.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                My picking hand is right over my dick when I play. Which is down by my knees.
                                Geeez...that must make it hard to walk? Having your knee's
                                5" below your groin!! :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                                X