• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
    Geeez...that must make it hard to walk? Having your knee's
    5" below your groin!! :ROTF:

Comment

my guitar hangs exactly were it would be if I were seated and the guitar was sitting on my leg. so it sits high. thats how I learned, thats how I'm comfortable. Nuno kills me with his down past his waste. yikes!

Comment

strats u need to wear higher coz of the contours, mine usually sits across my mid riff, with the rib contour on m lower ribs and below my rightpeck (ie not on) the output jack would be inforont of my belt buckle. my rhoads i wear lower, with my belt buckle on and between the 2 back scratchplates

Comment

Originally posted by ezbprimerib View Post
          my guitar hangs exactly were it would be if I were seated and the guitar was sitting on my leg. so it sits high. thats how I learned, thats how I'm comfortable.
          +1

High's the way to go.
          - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

I'm with Ace. My picking hand is right where my balls are, so rapid strumming is akin to vigorously scratching my nuts.

I know well enough that it would be easier to play, especially higher up on the fretboard, if my guitar was strapped higher, but I've been playing so long like this, that my picking arm cramps up if it's not extended.

Most people look goofy as hell with their guitar up high. My other guitar player does it. He looks like a moron. :ROTF:

However, some people can pull it off. Chuck Schuldiner always wore his Stealth up pretty high, but he never looked stupid.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
              I'm with Ace. My picking hand is right where my balls are, so rapid strumming is akin to vigorously scratching my nuts.
              Thanks for that mental image

I'll return the favor and say mine hangs at a height that would be the same as picking lint out of my belly button The sad thing is, I need to flatten the belly as I regain my chops. My guitar didn't used to be so far out in front of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bri View Post
                Thanks for that mental image

I'll return the favor and say mine hangs at a height that would be the same as picking lint out of my belly button The sad thing is, I need to flatten the belly as I regain my chops. My guitar didn't used to be so far out in front of me.

Oh I hear ya loud and clear. I have the same problem. :ROTF:
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I hear Yngwie's had the same difficulty since about '94...
                  - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

I like to keep my V just high enough that girls can access my wang bar without hitting their heads or poking their eyes out while I play.
                    The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Comment

They say a good guitarist gets good because he wears his six string high enough not to have to take toilet breaks while practicing...
                      - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
                        oh... i was going to answer.... "on the 4 wall hooks, the other ones are in their cases"
                        +1 LOL
                        The Guitars:
                        Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
                        The Amps:
                        Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Working...
                        X