Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Kinda Practices for Arpeggio Scales?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Kinda Practices for Arpeggio Scales?

I only know of a Couple,and I am NOT as fast as I used to be ALONG time ago.Recently I can only get choppy and not that fast and I have been like that for quite some time.What kind of exercises can a guy do to get faster besides Practicing with a Metronome? Any Other Tricks for those scales? I sweep,Maybe finger position/approach? Whats your Technique?
    HIGHLY MODDED Peavey Ultra Plus 120
    Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt Amp
    (2)Vader 2x12 Cabs
    Late 80's-early 90's Ibanez Tubescreamer
    Boss TU-2
    2005 Jackson SLSMG Soloist
    1986 Black Cherry Charvel Model 4
    1988 Blue Charvel Model 3DR

Arpeggios and scales are different things, can you tab an example of what you mean?

Comment

What Kinda Practices for Arpeggio Scales?
      Time consuming Practice
      Jason Becker / Paul Gilbert Wannabe

Comment

Well if your arpeggios are choppy the last thing you'll want to do is speed up, they'll sound terible. When I start practicing every time I usually play through 4/5 of the common shapes in a few positions on the fretboard very slowly a few times to get my fingers warmed up for the movement and to make sure every note is clear and even. Then I start speeding them up a little and start putting shapes together. The speed comes with comfort so it'll take a while. If you've been able to do it well before, I'd say you just need to keep practicing and your chops will come back in a while.
        Play along with the metronome and also make a few backing tracks to play along with, its less boring than the metronome and also helps develop the technique musically. I've used powertab to make some backing tracks before, its dead easy.

Comment

Working...
        X