X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what about a Custom Custom?
    My Guitars
    Hohner HW-200 (Natrual Grain)
    Slammer By Hamer XP-1 Standard (Wine Red)
    Kramer 1984 Custom (Bullseye Black)
    Squier Affinity Series P-Bass (Black)
    Epiphone Les Paul Classic (Black)
    Takamine EG531SSC (Black)
    Kramer Vanguard S-440S
    Kramer Proaxe Standard (Black Sparkle)
    Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom (Camo)
    Kramer F-1000 (Black)
    Ibanez RG-370 (Urban Digital Camo)

Comment

or try a PATB
      I have one in a mahogany body and its GREAT versatile as hell I love that thing
      My Guitars
      Hohner HW-200 (Natrual Grain)
      Slammer By Hamer XP-1 Standard (Wine Red)
      Kramer 1984 Custom (Bullseye Black)
      Squier Affinity Series P-Bass (Black)
      Epiphone Les Paul Classic (Black)
      Takamine EG531SSC (Black)
      Kramer Vanguard S-440S
      Kramer Proaxe Standard (Black Sparkle)
      Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom (Camo)
      Kramer F-1000 (Black)
      Ibanez RG-370 (Urban Digital Camo)

Comment

Originally posted by mustaine-who? View Post
        SD Full Shred > Thread
        qft.

Comment

What's the bridge pup on a Model 6? I can never remember if it's J50, J90, etc. Whatever it is, I recommend it!
          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
            What's the bridge pup on a Model 6? I can never remember if it's J50, J90, etc. Whatever it is, I recommend it!
            J-50BC. A pup highly sought-after by all the Laiho/Latvala fanboys out there.

Comment

Lol you hit the nail right on the head Sunbane but honestly as big as a fanboy as I am I had just been looking for good pup that was clear enough to do all my shredding yet thick enough to do some good ol' chunkin and it seems the J-50BC fits the bill. Plus w/ my 5150 I won't have to pray for a miracle to get a JE-1000. Just need to keep checking the bay for another J-50BC to come up!

Comment

They pop up from time to time.You may have to bid against me and I'm brutal.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Unless it is an older Jackson/Charvel won't some routing have to be done for the J50BC?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                    Unless it is an older Jackson/Charvel won't some routing have to be done for the J50BC?
                    Nope, but anyone wanting to use its plastic cover would also have to use Jackson's oversized pickup bezel. But take away the cover, and there's a regular size humbucker underneath.

Comment

WB pick ups. Word to ya motha'
                      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Here I am thinking about changing it out of my model 6 and I find out how much everyone loves this pup. I love the tone it just needs more output.
                        My other charvel has a SD blackout, I am a fanboy and I didn't even know it.:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                          Here I am thinking about changing it out of my model 6 and I find out how much everyone loves this pup. I love the tone it just needs more output.
                          Yeah, my sentiments exactly. It's a great sounding pup, but I need a lot more spank for the stuff I play. I've been keeping my J-50BC because I want to try it with an on-board booster, like Laiho used to do. And it would feel like a bad move to sell a pup that sounds so good.

Comment

And it would feel like a bad move to sell a pup that sounds so good.
                            I would never sell it myself (prelogoed pups ). I am always changing my mind and changing pickups around. I have been a purist when it comes to my model 6. I bought it used in 88 and the only thing I changed was the input jack and I got that from another model 6 from the same year. I had the jack taped together for 15 years :ROTF: .

Comment

I don't know if they make them in open coils, but the gibson burstbucker pro's found in the new LP standards are a KILLER low output pickup.

Comment

If it came in your model six it had a logo'd cover originaly
                                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                                X