Low Output pups for shredding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it came in your model six it had a logo'd cover originaly
    The logos are not worn off, you can see where the tops are a uniform finish. I bought in used in 88 but it is a very early 86 model.

On one of the other websites I read that the first USA made Jackson pickups did not have logos (in 85). I am trying to find it.

Comment

This may have been the page, but it only talks about the 84 non covered pickups being non logoed

I have never seen another charvel with a serial number as low as mine, so who can say that they weren't. I also can't find even a usa with covered pickups from that time period
      Last edited by Rich#6; 12-16-2007, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Another vote for the Custom Custom. Another nice pickup is an Air Zone. I have one in the bridge of a Warmoth project guitar and it is really nice. It is very articulate.

Comment

The custom custom is a great choice I have a couple and they smoke. If you can find one a Bill Lawrence L-90 is a nice choice as well.

Marc

Comment

Pafpro
            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I'd have to agree on the PAF Pro. I have only tried it in mahogany and basswood, but it would be quite capable of the definition required for serious shredding.

Too bad that what I do is NOT serious shredding!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                why not start with lowering the pup height a lil further away from the strings and see if that helps?
                +1

Comment

I switched my Duncan JB for a Screamin' Demon, which has lower output, and has more top end, which is great for harmonics.
                  The Guitars...
                  2008 BC Rich Gunslinger Retro
                  2003 Jackson DXMG [Modified with Duncan Jazz & Screamin' Demon & OFR]

'The wild boys go head to head... Like the good book says be quick or dead'...- David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...
                  X