Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about excercises from Speed Mechanics for the Lead Guitar....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question about excercises from Speed Mechanics for the Lead Guitar....

Hey nice to see you back SeventhSon [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] , hope you weren't that upset from my ignorance and stupidity. Anyway, thanks LPC and SeventhSon, seems like you guys have REALLY laid it all out well enough for me, I guess, now it will only take time to sink in. Unless, of course you can break it down even more [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . Just kidding! Although I would have to admit, its not crystal clear to me. Thanks though, for ALL your help! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Peace and take care!

Comment

Fragger, don't worry...not annoyed or irritated at all. If I'm short on my responses it's because I don't have time to type at work... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Thanks for letting me know man. Its just that you guys are so inclined to help all the time, and have certainly ALWAYS helped me, so I have to be careful not to upset any of you [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . It is your generosity that you have so delightfully helped me so far, even though I'm aware fully well of how much of an ignorant fool I have been. I don't know what it is, its just something natural, I DON'T GET TIMING [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] . Once again, thank you so MUCH for all your help! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Take care!

Comment

Music is just music. Notation is an attempt to make sense out of it. Don't get too hung up on it. If in doubt, JUST PLAY WITH THE CD AND GROOVE AND HAVE FUN. Feel is more important than intellectually knowing what you are doing.

Guess what? It's completey *arbitrary* when someone notates a song whether he decides a quarter note gets a beat or whether an eighth note gets the beat.

In other words 4/4 is identical to 4/8.

The only difference is how the song is written out on paper! Not how it sounds! The bottom number tells you which note the *notater* decided should get the beat in terms of what's written down. In the 1st instance it's a quarter note (1/4). In the 2nd instance it's an eigth note (1/8). In both cases, there's 4 of them in a measure.

But regardless of whether an quarter note gets the beat or an eighth note gets the beat, the relationship between sixteenth (or any other note) and the note that gets the beat always stays the same. E.g., there are always 4 sixteenth notes in a quarter note. There are always 2 sixteenth notes in an eighth note.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Hmm, I only got the first part of your post man, and frankly that is quite true. However, I just wanted to study music and try and understand, before I made a leap into making my own. Unfortunetely, I have only played for 6 months and already things seem impossible to understand. Anyway, thanks for all your help, I mean, my timing understanding might not be fully clear, but I certainly learned A LOT from you. Thanks! Take care!

Comment

Working...
            X