Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Argos View Post
    Chasbo:

I'm glad you're happy with it man! Now you know why I preach about it. It's especially useful for self-taught players. Keep us updated on the progress you're making. If you follow Jamie's practice approach strictly, you will make incredible improvements.
    I am already doing stuff I wasn't able to a week ago. I would say a big improvement overall in just a week is very cool.
    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Another beer from me Argos! I noticed immediate improvement in my playing. My fretting hand was so tense, and I had no idea how much it was holding me back. My vibrato improved a LOT since I'm not grinding the metal off my frets, changing positions all over the neck is much easier, and my finger speed increased by probably 1/3 overnight. Its almost like all of the practice I've done in the last 20 years to no avail has been unlocked for me.

The book is a bit wordy, it takes 89 pages to basically get to the point that you need to relax your body when you play and practice, with points on how to hold the guitar and pick (so that you can relax), but its still a good read. Obviously if you're happy with your playing, you probably don't have a problem with tension, and probably don't think about it. If you're teaching others to play, and you aren't aware of tension in your students, you REALLY need to read this book.

Also, this book has nothing to do with doing covers of other people's music, its about what your body should be doing while you play your music.

Thanks again Argos, I owe you a case of your favorite brew!
      Last edited by rustler; 02-08-2008, 10:32 PM.
      Axes:
      Jackson SL-4
      Jackson DK2M White Bengal w/ stock EMG's
      Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat w/ Rosewood Pickguard & Lindy Fralin blues specials
      Fender FMT HH Set neck Tele
      Takamine Acoustic
      Hohner L90 Les Paul Goldtop copy w/Gibson P100's

Comment

Working...
      X