marty friedman's playing style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: marty friedman\'s playing style

By the way, anyone knows why Marty's picking hand has such a weird angle? I never know how one can play with their forearm bending like that. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Jason is absolutely the better one in Cocaphony, while Marty is certainly the gayer one. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Even when they recorded their individual albums, PB and DK, I'd still say Jason ripped Marty's ass apart. Hell, I even think Dragon's Kiss is the worst shred guitar album I've ecer heard.

The funny thing is, when Jason joined DLR and Marty took over the lead guitar in Megadeth, the result was turned over 180 degree. None of them participated in the songwriting, but only threw in solos here and there, but Marty's playing was faaaaar superior than what Jason did on A Little Ain't Enough. It's not only because Marty shredded and thrashed, while Jason played in a more blues based style. The whole ideas Marty got on his mind are totally wilder, richer and more insane than Jason's. Marty was literally all over the place, covering all styles on RIP: the insane, the melodic, the exotic, all of them very expressivistic. Not only that. But he also knew when NOT to solo- the most important thing for guitarists. IMO, RIP is where Marty truly matured.

Even though he didn't shred like he used to today, he's still a guitar god, along with Jason! Rock on! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Marty and Jason fans listen to this:

Jemfest Marty Friedman interview (he talks about the development of his style for a few minutes)
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I personally think Jason Kicked Martys ass on A little aint enough. He was very melodic and very very clean. He does things that Marty could never do. Check out the sweep Jason does on the song A little aint enough. Marty cant sweep very well because he doesnt mute the strings!

Comment

Cool interview with Marty. He really thought a lot of
          Jason's abilities.

Comment

Working...
          X