Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harmonic Major for dummies (.mp3 inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harmonic Major for dummies (.mp3 inside)

Well I noticed lots of people are looking for new scales and ideas, I recently started messing around with the Harmonic Major scale and its modes, it sounds like happy middle eastern music I guess. I really like the sound of it though, so check it out.

In C Harmonic Major, these would be the notes:

C D E F G A(flat) B C

I felt like recording some stuff with it so here's something I just put together a minute ago. The chord progression is Cmaj7 ---> D-7(b5) ---> G7(13)

Harmonic Major MP3

If anyones interested or needs help with it I can post a lot more info on it.. just don't want to write out 2 pages of stuff at the moment if no one cares [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Re: Harmonic Major for dummies (.mp3 inside)

hmmm. interesting. I don't think I've ever checked that one out.

A longer clip would've been nice, so we can really hear how the scale sounds over the progression. But thanks for whetting my whistle. I'm gonna go play now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Cool, I'll try to post a longer clip tomorrow over a different progression.

Comment

Look forward to hearing the longer clip [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ..it sounds pretty cool .

Wolf

Comment

Sorry guys, I'll have to do it this weekend.. too many midterm exams and projects at the moment [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I think I'll do a post on harmonic minor too once this week is over and done with.

Comment

a post on harmonic minor would be great. I learned some Yngwie HM licks back in the 80's but never got a really good grasp on the scale.

Comment

Working...
            X